Tie downs listed in new Dirt Rider

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Maybe someone can help me. I finally found the tie downs that I want, but am unable to track them down on the internet. They were listed on pg 107 in the new Dirt Rider, but not listed in the advertisers index in back of the magazine. The ones that I would like to find are the ones manufactured by PS Racing Products and are called the Pro-Strap Sure Tie. They are made using a snap hook \ carabiner on both ends and incorporate a soft-strap for use with Tag style bars. I am currently running standard, Ancra tie downs with carabiners looped through the eye hooks of the S-hook, and would like to get some tie downs that incorporate all of these amenities. Anyone know where I can find these via web or phone? I spent the morning searching web pages and have not found a thing for this company. Leave it to Dirt Rider to mention something and not give us a way to actually contact the company.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I haven't seen the issue. But what your talking about, sounds alot like what we use for hauling road bikes. You might check out the web sites under street bikes. I know I've seen them in Crapparels, and Dennis Kirk. Might not be the same name, but same concept.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have tried chapparal, dennis kirk, etc., along with half a dozen other bike related web sites. No luck. I was able to find the one by power tye, but that isnt exactly what I want as it only has the snap hook on one end and the typical S-hook on the other. This is what I am trying to get away from (no more S-hooks). I lost one bike off of a trailer due to the S-hook coming unhooked while cornering. Due to this, I am extremely particular when it comes to strapping the bike in the truck. I use a piece of pvc to keep the front end from compressing, along with seperate soft straps connected via a carabiner to the eye-hook of the S-hook on a standard tie down. I also use a carabiner on the bottom of the tie down. The tie down listed in Dirt Rider sounds like it incorporates the system that I am using all in one nice, neat, nifty tie down.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Call Jeff at MX South and tell him what you want.:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Lorin those are pretty sweet! Can you let me know what the price is when you find out?:cool:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Just got off of the phone with the company. If you mention that you saw the press release in MXA, they will give you 10% off of retail. With my 10% and including shipping, my total came to $37.14 for two pair of the tie downs (4 total). Not too shabby, about the same price as a standard Ancra tie down. The company assured me that this product comes with a lifetime warranty and is rated at 2400 lbs. As of now, the only available color is black with a blue soft strap, which is just dandy since I am on a Yamaha. They can be reached at the following number: 1-888-855-8979. Many thanks to KTM Chris for coming up with the information I was looking for. Lorin.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
If you like these, check out the PowerTye tiedowns marketed by Applied. You can find them on the MXSouth website.. I got a pair, they are real jewels.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I had been wanting this type of tie down for a while, but had never been able to find anything that quite matched what I was looking for, until I saw Lorin's post. I checked out the web site and called PS-Racing on Tuesday. They were very nice and helpful, so I decided to pick up a pair on the way to the track on Wednesday.

I must say that these are very nice tie downs. They appear to be well made and they are exactly what I had been looking for. If anybody has been looking for a new set of tie-downs, I would highly recommend the Pro-Straps.

Bill

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Lorin, I hate to tell you, but the phone number for all the companies was listed at the end of the article at the bottom. ;)

Still a good topic, I may have to try some since mine are looking rough!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Thanks Smitty, when I wrote this post, I only had the one page from the magazine with the actual product write up on it (I tore it out). I figured it would be an easy find on the internet, but no luck there until Chris found it for me. Either way, I ordered a few pair and hope to have them in a few days. Cant be too safe when tying the bike down in the truck.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Oh NOOOO! You tore the page out! There goes the collectors value in thirty years. Give us a review when you get 'em.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Damn! I just got my issue of Dirt Rider and page 107 is missing.. FWIW I made a tie down strap for my bikes out of one-inch flat strap.. This is stuff I use for climbing and is CHEAP at outdoor/climbing shops.. I tied a water knot in a piece to form a loop (circle), I made two. I then just put these over the bars on each side and hook the tiedown in it.. works great.. If I had my Digi cam working I'd post a pic.

zilla

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom