Time for a New Bike... SO many Nice Bikes..Which1?

Dirtin'

Jan 2, 2002
My old 89 KDX has done me proud, and she's still a great bike I plan to keep, but I'd like a fresh dirtbike, and AM torn between all the nice new bikes.. need you guys help to make a decision....

Well I would have to say I want to go Thumper... all the new technology, they relly are sweet.,. I want to have a bike I can Trail ride, hare scramble, and MX + I also road race and would like to have another set of wheels to supermotard it with,, and I would also like to davle with a little flat track action... so it would be a 3-purpose bike just by changing out the wheels..

SO what would you recomend? the only one i've ridden is my buddies YZ 426, and it's an animal, but a bitch to start..

SO i'm thinking new YZ 450, CRF 450, KTM 520? what else is there?? and what's the best all around thumper bike out there?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Shoot, thats an easy one. CRF - hands down!

Dirtin'

Jan 2, 2002
any reasons why these bikes?? I've heard KTM has the best bikes,, and the 525 is bad ass.. but is it too much? thanks for the input

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
A freind of mine picked up a KTM 450exc and is pleased w/it.. He likes too do alot of trail riding and then every so often rides some MX.. Best thing he likes is the electric start :)

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by Dirtin'
any reasons why these bikes?? I've heard KTM has the best bikes,, and the 525 is bad ass.. but is it too much? thanks for the input

I've never had the chance to ride a 525,so I can't comment on it.

I choice the KTM 450EXC because I ride a lot of tight,rooted,and rocky trails.I just find the KTM 450 to have the sweetest powerband for my style of riding.The WR450F was a VERY close second.

The CRF450 is another fantastic bike.Im a old Honda fan at heart,but Im really dissapointed they haven't came out with a full blown off-road version with the wide ratio tranny.Out of all the bikes I mentioned the CRF has the best ergonomics for me.

Lots of great bikes out there to choose from.Honestly,I don't think you can go wrong with any of the bikes mentioned. :thumb:

Last edited:

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Originally posted by Tennessee Thumper

I've never had the chance to ride a 525,so I can't comment on it.

I choice the KTM 450EXC because I ride a lot of tight,rooted,and rocky trails.I just find the KTM 450 to have the sweetest powerband for my style of riding.The WR450F was a VERY close second.

The CRF450 is another fantastic bike.Im a old Honda fan at heart,but Im really dissapointed they haven't came out with a full blown off-road version with the wide ratio tranny.Out of all the bikes I mentioned the CRF has the best ergonomics for me.

Lots of great bikes out there to choose from.Honestly,I don't think you can go wrong with any of the bikes mentioned. :thumb:

Dirt rider has photos of an offroad CRF450 with a headlight and everything in the newest issue. It looks like we might see one next year as a production model.

Dirtin'

Jan 2, 2002
I've heard nothing but great things about the KTM's,, I would just like to know how much of a difference there is between the 525 & 450... anybody know where i can find the Horespower ratings on these? The ktm site dosen't help much

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by GeoffM24

Dirt rider has photos of an offroad CRF450 with a headlight and everything in the newest issue. It looks like we might see one next year as a production model.

I saw that on the cover.Im sure Honda will have one rolling off the production line within the next year. :thumb:

Top Bottom