WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Okay, so Paragon is history (possibly). Guess what folks, it's only going to get worse!

NOW is the time to to stand up for your sport and get INVLOVED. I'm not talking about logging onto DRN and posting things like "RM_guy wears skirts" or "Papakeith chases teenage interns around the RI state house" (I singled you two out because you slammed me in another post). What I'm talking about is getting involved at the grassroots level. Join a local off-road club and become part of the process, not part of the problem!

It doesn't matter if you're a casual trail rider or a full-blown factory sponsored racer. If you don't get involved now our sport may not have a future!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I am involved at the grass roots level, I just put a new set of Knobs on the WR.
Where to ride them though? No, your right, Im going to join the AMA and DRN. I'm not a big joiner type, but I figure the last few years the fact that I pay and ride leagl has been a contribution.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
AMA DIST 6 TCTRI I am looking to help out more one of the reasons TC is still around is because they help the community bring money and they also did the adopt a highway idea I feel other areas should take note.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Bill,

In the future don't start off a good thread by backhanding me. Especially when you don't know what I may or may not be doing. I already belong to the organizations that I think can do the most good for the future of riding in my state.

While I agree with the need for us to get involed, your methods are not appreciated.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Papakeith said:
Bill,

In the future don't start off a good thread by backhanding me. Especially when you don't know what I may or may not be doing. I already belong to the organizations that I think can do the most good for the future of riding in my state.

While I agree with the need for us to get involed, your methods are not appreciated.

Keith - Never said you weren't involved. I dropped your name because of the comment about my shorts in reference to RM_guy's neighbors shed.

So what organizations are you involved with and how are they helping develop riding opportunities in your area?

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
:rotfl:
Bill I was wondering where you've been! Glad to see your still around and haven't changed..Yup, there's not much of riding area's around these parts anymore although I just got back from the Adirondacks with a friend of mine, did some snowmobiling near Old Forge and found some signs that had a biker with NO crosshatch thru it I was gonna get info but the guys I was with were way too fast. So, maybe if someone knows about this area please chime in.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
rippinrol said:
... found some signs that had a biker with NO crosshatch thru it...

Might be one of those communities that opened an abandoned road to off-highway vehicles. The DEC is trying to get them closed again. Spitzer has appointed a new head of the DEC. He's not a tree hugger, but not much better... he's a Manhatten Attorney. :|

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
rippinrol said:
Bill I was wondering where you've been! Glad to see your still around and haven't changed..Yup, there's not much of riding area's around these parts anymore although I just got back from the Adirondacks with a friend of mine, did some snowmobiling near Old Forge and found some signs that had a biker with NO crosshatch thru it I was gonna get info but the guys I was with were way too fast. So, maybe if someone knows about this area please chime in.

What you may have seen is some signs that DEC put up a few years ago designating trails that could be used with REGISTERED ATV's/Bikes. It is possible that they were never removed. Were the signs green with the biker/atv in white? I know in the area I have ridden in the Adirondack Park for the past 15yrs had them , but they were removed late last year. I don't think Trailpass has any trail system in that area, but that is possible also.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Yes Knobbie, they were white biker/atv with green background. They looked pretty new too, I don't understand why we have to pay registration for our scooters when all we can do is ride on our own property :|
I would like to know if they still let people ride up there. It seems like a great place to ride and rip it up. Us bikers wouldn't do half the damage an ATV'r would do.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
rippinrol said:
Yes Knobbie, they were white biker/atv with green background. They looked pretty new too, I don't understand why we have to pay registration for our scooters when all we can do is ride on our own property :|
I would like to know if they still let people ride up there. It seems like a great place to ride and rip it up. Us bikers wouldn't do half the damage an ATV'r would do.

Thought so, the Adirondack community I ride in all summer has them too.

Because it's the law!!! Big brother says so.Best thing to do is to go to the local town hall and inquire.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Here in PA. we had a law that said "if you let someone use your property for recreational use and do not charge for it, you cant be sued for their injuries" Guess what, a JURY just found a landowner liable for a hunter he let on his property that shot a girl over a half mile away. Now all the landowners have closed thier property to every type of recreational use being scared of being sued. Why have laws when the jury ignores them anyway. Its time to ride illegal again. Screw them.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
I understand & share your frustration, but that is not the answer to the future of our addiction.Now more than ever we must be more responsible as a group to ensure our future brothers/sisters will enjoy this recreational sport.

As the topic stated, get involved, responsibly.

:bang:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
knobbiethrower said:
I understand & share your frustration, but that is not the answer to the future of our addiction.Now more than ever we must be more responsible as a group to ensure our future brothers/sisters will enjoy this recreational sport.

As the topic stated, get involved, responsibly.

:bang:

:cool:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Papakeith said:
Bill,

It's stuff like this that keeps me from getting "involved" in groups. To much BS. What does skirts, shorts, sheds, or teenage girls have to do with this issue? Nothing? Go run for office somewhere if you want to pretend to care about an issue while taking pot shots at eachother for all to see. Is there not a place on DRN for member grab @$$ing? Im all for good fun but I think in the wake of recnet events this is a serious topic.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
JasonJ said:
It's stuff like this that keeps me from getting "involved" in groups. To much BS...

This stuff is peanuts compared to the grenades the anti-access/green advocacy groups hurl at us every day in their blitzkreig on our chosen form of recreation. Ask yourself one question:

What have I done in the last year to help keep open existing or develop new riding areas in my state?

Top Bottom