SeaninVegas

Feb 11, 2003
I have a 1999 KDX 200 that I just bought (for dirt cheap!) that is clean but doesn't look like it was ridden or maintained much. It seems to stall easily but only at idle, and when it stalls you wouldn't believe the amount of gas that comes spilling out of the overflow tube. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to carbs, but I'm guessing I have a float that doesn't float? Anybody have any input? Also, I was thinking if I have to mess with it, then I might as well rebuild it while I have it apart. I haven't had much luck finding a rebuild kit online. Any leads to rebuild kits would be appreciated. Thanks.

majick

Mar 14, 2003
actually cleaning is pretty simple , use some carb cleaner ,replace the jets , check the needle and seat and float, blow some air thru the passages and voila

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Clean the float needle seat using a cotton swab with a strip of 400 wet-n-dry sandpaper over the tip. Replace the float needle.

CRC Brakleen works well for cleaning.

Keep in mind that the float level is set when the tang touches the spring loaded pin on the float needle. NOT with the spring loaded pin depressed. Spec is 16mm. Set it a bit lower...17mm.. to help with the normal incontinence kdxs have when sitting on the sidestand.

Adjust by bending the tang...not the float arms.

adckdx

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2003
I was becoming a pro at cleaning the carb. when it dawned on me to clean the inside of the gas tank also. After cleaning the tank and adding fresh fuel the carb goes a long time before needing a cleaning.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom