e30-323ti

Mar 7, 2006
Hi all,
Just getting into dirt riding, been riding (mainly road with bits of dirt for fun) for 12yrs or so.

Just picked up a '01 RM-250, the old body is having a bit of trouble getting up to speed (sore upper arms & pecks & shoulders).

Any tips on the areas I should focus on at the gym to get things up to speed.
I mainly do cardio & light weight work to keep up fitness as I've not really needed strength in any particular area.
But after the weekend it feels like I need to be "The Incredible Hulk" to ride this thing, and at 5'9" & 155lbs I ain't no hulk let alone an incredible one!!

Once I've got that sorted then the technique should be easier to master than in my current girly state (I hope).

TIA

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
e30-323ti said:
Just picked up a '01 RM-250, the old body is having a bit of trouble getting up to speed (sore upper arms & pecks & shoulders).
Give it some time, you'll get used to it.
e30-323ti said:
I mainly do cardio & light weight work to keep up fitness as I've not really needed strength in any particular area.
Sounds good to me.
e30-323ti said:
But after the weekend it feels like I need to be "The Incredible Hulk" to ride this thing, and at 5'9" & 155lbs I ain't no hulk let alone an incredible one!!
I'd bet you aren't good enough yet. :laugh: Your technique probably isint anywhere close to perfect yet, and you are likely fighting the bike. That will wear anyone out in short order. Just remember smooth is fast.
e30-323ti said:
Once I've got that sorted then the technique should be easier to master than in my current girly state (I hope).
That's the problem. The better the technique, the easier it is to not get wore out. I'm not a big (muscular) person myself, but it gets much easier to ride the more time you spend on the bike. Just get as much seat time as possible.

A search in this forum will answer most, if not all, of the questions that you'll likely have.

Another thing, finish your profile and head over to the "New Member? Welcome! Go here first." Forum.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
The only thing I add to what Masterphil said is find a local MX class/school if you can. Around here theres a few of them, they're not very expensive and you can learn a ton of the technique he's referring to not only last longer riding, but hopefully minimize risk.

e30-323ti

Mar 7, 2006
Thanks for the prompt/informative replies Masterphil & HajiWasAPunk.

LOL, it's more like what technique at the moment!!

Look out for more newbie comments in the comming weeks.

Top Bottom