cbrad3000

Sep 26, 2004
I need to buy new tires for hardpack. I have some intermediates on there now and the rocks are just tearing them up within a couple of rides. I was looking at Maxxis Maxx Cross Hard Terrain tires. Are they any good? Some one told my the rears are good but the fronts suck. Any one else have any preferences. Thanks for your help in advance.

fretslider51

Jun 23, 2005
I have tires on my bike that are supposed to be specifically designed for lots of rock riding but i still tear them up real bad every time i ride them hard, so I don't know if you will get any better results by getting new hardpack tires. The fact is, they are just going 2 get chewed up no matter what you do. Sorry but I do not know anything about the tires you want.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Where I ride it's very dry, rocky hardpack with tough hillclimbs. I have been running Michelin S12 soft terrain tires with very good results. Every tire I have run gets some chunking because of the rocks, but I get good traction and these tires hold up very well on my 250. One tire I would like to try is the Maxxis IT for the rear. Even though a friend of mine didn't like them, I figure since he's on a 4 stroke and I ride a 2 stroke, there will be different traction issues at play. I like the S12 for the front. It sticks very well in all conditions. I just vary the tire pressure to suit the conditions.

moore_716

Jun 1, 2005
tires

I have had real good luck with the bridgestone m22, m23 tires. Most people will say that when this tire is 1/2 gone it's still better than the other hardpack tires when they're new. I like them. I ride on a blue groove track atleast 1x a week and these will last me a lon time. Maxxis also recomends the maxcross it for the hardpack. I've yet to try them,but I might next time if the price is right. I tried a Kenda and it was gone in about 2hr.'s.

Top Bottom