taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I've run all three for sometime and I prefer Opera for browsing, but I still feel forced to use IE when dealing with more advanced web-tools. I'm sure Mozilla is great, but I prefer Opera just because it seems more feature rich and it feels faster than anything else out there, proxy or not.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I downloaded Firefox a few days ago. Not sure yet if it's faster than IE or not. I use Netzero High Speed. I have a question about it though. Is there a way to get the browser to return to the previous position when using the back button to return to a page? It always returns to the top. For example, with IE, if I'm looking inside the west chapter, then use the back button to get to the list of forums, the browser is already scrolled down to where it was when I entered the west chapter. However, if I do the same thing with firefox, it returns to the top near the general forum..... It's REAL annoying.

Jeremy

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Netzero Highspeed does not work with firefox. It only works with IE. There is no way to make firefox go to the previous position, but Opera does ;)

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I'm an IE user. I'll load Firefox and add it to the browser suite, but I'll keep IE as my default.
<begin rant> One thing I do know is how much I hated Netscape. My hate is fueled by the last few years of running software test groups and trying to build web apps that have good cross browser support. Netscape simply blew when it came to standards support. 7.2 was getting there but..... When we pick our battles we side on IE as that is where the users live. It's a business decision. But the Mozilla users are growing..... <end rant>

Feb 2004 Browser Usage Statistics:
IE 6 - 72.1%
IE 5 - 11.5
O 7 - 2.2%
Moz - 9.0%
NN 3 - 0.4%
NN 4 - 0.4%
NN 7 - 1.5%

now me go cook meat over fire.

Pred have square wheel.

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Where are the tweaks for firefix? I thought I had seen them here but a search doesn't bring them to me

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
DahlElama said:
I'm an IE user. I'll load Firefox and add it to the browser suite, but I'll keep IE as my default.
<begin rant> One thing I do know is how much I hated Netscape. My hate is fueled by the last few years of running software test groups and trying to build web apps that have good cross browser support. Netscape simply blew when it came to standards support. 7.2 was getting there but..... When we pick our battles we side on IE as that is where the users live. It's a business decision. But the Mozilla users are growing..... <end rant>

Feb 2004 Browser Usage Statistics:
IE 6 - 72.1%
IE 5 - 11.5
O 7 - 2.2%
Moz - 9.0%
NN 3 - 0.4%
NN 4 - 0.4%
NN 7 - 1.5%

Pred have square wheel.

One of my favorite Firefox add-ons is the "View in.." that adds a right-click menu option to view the current page in IE. Also, it seems to add the same thing to the IE rightclick menu to view the current IE page in Firefox. I've found that overall, FF is a way better browser, but there are still some pages it has troubles loading, just as IE has issues. Usually one of them works and it is just a right click and select away.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom