brillmtb

Dec 12, 2001
Would like to hear peoples experiences and recommendations for replacement tires on the 520 EXC. Please consider tires for dirt only vs some dual sport role.

RTKLR1

Apr 23, 2000
I agree with drz mick, I have used both the michelin s-12 and m-12 on front and thought the s-12 was too saoft, it felt like it would wash out at higher speed on hard ground, the m-12 doesnt do this and works really well in the mud and soft ground, the rear s-12 works well and they last longer than most soft terrain tires, I have also had good luck with the dunlop 756 rear.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Riding a big bore two stroke, tire wear and grip mean a lot to me. With that in mind, the IRC M5b tire is THE only tire I will run on the rear. It has large knobs and wears extremely well. It is geared toward soft dirt, sand, and mud and tracks like an animal in those environs. My 140 IRC even did pretty good in the rocks of Colorado for a full week and wore decent. I wont use any other rear tire on mine as long as IRC continues to produce this tire. I can usually get a whole season out of this tire on the rear of my bike.

rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
tires

I like the m12 in the front and a starcross in back.
I run 14-16 psi in the front to resist tire roll on harder ground
and 12-14 in the rear most of the time.
In deep mud get a laguna cross, 752, or a pirelli as wide as possible.
520s are like overpowered dragsters in the mud.
You need them to hook.
The stock bstones are only good on rock hard surfaces.

Top Bottom