High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Anybody?

I'll have all 3 boys riding for the first time together! :aj:

I've even talked a (very good) friend into borrowing his 450F for the day, so I won't be fighting the electrical gremlins in mine.

Linus and I are definites and Ivan and Wrench are maybes. Slacker? JamesP?

I even called OldAndSlo and he might swing by on his way through!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I would be in for Thunder Valley on the 3rd if they are open. They haven't had Saturday Practices in July and aren't committed for August yet (need to check website).

May be able to make TNT Sunday. Getting less enthused about riding down there on the big track...keeps getting further from my skill level.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by JamesP
May be able to make TNT Sunday. Getting less enthused about riding down there on the big track...keeps getting further from my skill level.

Have you ridden the Intermediat yet? I hear it is a lot of fun.

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Yuup, it's ok for a few laps...not quite intermediate enough for me...it's a better beginner's track in my opinion.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
JimmyP must just be a 'tween rider! :o

Hey, you can do what I do...roll em or go around them (I didn't say that) until you're ready to fly.

Dave...you have sunburn! And, I'll be getting plastered, obnoxious, embarrassed, regretful, and unemployed at the company picnic on the 3rd. Doesn't look promising to do the trip up there on Sunday.

I *might* be able to swing someplace closer to CHarlotte, though.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

Dave...you have sunburn!

Oh great! Just what we need .... another IVAN wannabee! :aj:

wrench

Last edited:

davearm

Mar 29, 2000
Just a quick thought. The last Devils ridge practice was cancelled because they had no water in the pond and could't water the track. Be sure to call ahead as there were MANY people turning around.
Can't ride Sat., have to work.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I'm thinking TNT would be fine on Sunday OR we could try Foggy Bottom:

http://www.foggybottomraceway.com/fbr.html

They have Sunday Practice from 2-6pm. Nice thing about TNT is you can take big heat exhaustion breaks because they are open all day.

I still haven't seen where Thunder Valley will be open on Saturdays yet. I don't care to go back to Devil's Ridge unless they commit to some water.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
James, to all you said...Amen! :think:

I have been waiting for this weekend to ride, it's the first time I have not had something planned in a month and I plan on riding. :silly: If we have to ride 4 hours to go to TNT then so be it, but if someone has a better (closer) idea I am up for it. Would really enjoy seeing everyone again.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Are people looking through my windows???
Yes, and I've seen a few things I want to talk to you about! :scream:

You guys either need to start a new thread or say which weekend you're planning...I'm getting confused. :confused:

There's a *slight* chance I might be able to go this weekend (if Lori feels up to it and they have an area for Tommy to ride).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom