Mar 18, 2006
I am sitting at the kitchen table right now with a 14 year old who owns a 2007 crf250R. He wants to put a pipe on it. What , if any, pipe would make the best difference on this bike. I'm thinking money not well spent? But I don't know. Thanks for any replies.

Mar 18, 2006
I found some info by searching. As I suspected. And this kid will probably buy a pipe anyway. Sometimes it's hard to be rational when your heart is set on something. And especially when you're young. :coocoo:

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
I hear you longtime......and I sympathize with your son.I too,am a young man of 47 tender years.I too,am in a situation where well meaning people of power and authority are trying to rob me of my dream,my hope,my very soul if they could.In the name of "knowing what's best for me" and because "they've been through it and I can learn from their mistakes" they are trying to crush me with facts. In their evil ambitions they will stoop to any level to "help" me with their "many years of professional experience". They wear you down with common sense and then smash you with logic and knowledge. It was the very same type of people,these know it alls,who told me not to buy a Yugo. Who said Disco would die.Who said I would one day outgrow KISS.Who told me that Shlomo Fernbaum would never beat Roger Decoster for the 500cc world championship.Okay,they nailed a couple of 'em. But overall they are nothing but snakes and charlatans. Get your son the pipe.He's a good boy. And be grateful the pipe he wants is for his motorcycle! flap

Mar 18, 2006
I have told him. But Flapwick has a point. BTW this one is not my son. He's a friend who happens to spend a lot of time around here. Thanks for the replies. :)

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Hey longtime!Good morning Canadaaaaaaaaa!!! WHOOO!!
How absolutely cool that a young fella would like to come over and spend time with you guys.And how great that you would give him time and serious attention and consideration. My boy just turned 13 and he has friends that are well adjusted young men and he has friends that are very distrusting of adults due to funky issues with parents at home.I say indulge them with friendship and always encourage good,healthy things.Sorry for the Dr. Phil moment.
I'm still a victim of "a new pipe is the answer" or "a bigger carb will make my life complete" or "a YZ426f will restore me to my former glory". I just LOVE motorcycles!! If I can't ride them ,I want to mess with them.If I can't mess with them,I want to dream about messing with them,or riding them. For me,it's a much healthier hobby than some of my past exploits,and YES!!!!!!,my son loves them too! WHOOOOO!!!

Top Bottom