danjerman

Aug 15, 2000
I'm in the middle of a rebuild and have come to the point of replacing the clutch. I have searched many times through DRN for what brand of clutch kit to buy, but my results were inconclusive. EBC, Barnett, DP, OEM, all have mixed reviews on being great or horrible. Some even said that some mfg's clutch plates have cracked in the past, but now I really don't know what to think. I would like to request the assistance of you guys to help me make a sound clutch kit purchase. The bike is a 1991 KX250 if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I used OEM on my 1990 KX250 with no problems-too many people seem to have major hassles with non oem that i would think its not worth the trouble.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
yep OEM is the way to go, i bought some barnett steels for my yz but decided not to put them in and took em back. they didnt look to good.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
OEM. Never had a problem with fit and quality of parts.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
No question about it OEM,you will not like the clutch pull with the after markets springs either.

monkeybutt

Jun 12, 2001
danjerman,

There's a company called KG Clutch Factory(the worlds largest clutch manufacturer) and what they sell in aftermarket under the KG Clutch Factory name is the same thing you can get as original equipment at a fraction of the cost. I know any Parts Unlimited dealer can get the KG products.

Top Bottom