cr125drew

Apr 19, 2005
Questions for YOU

Ok, so I have lots of questions. To anyone that helps answer them, thank you in advance.

1. How is the quality of side panels made by Polisport?

2. How well are the Acerbis plastic matched to stock Honda colors?

3. Does WD-40 coat rotors and get "soaken up" by brake pads, making them not as effective?

4. What is the best way to repair scratches in red plastic (ones that make it look lighter) and scratches in white plastic (ie side panels)?

Again, thank you for any help.

Last edited:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I can answer number 3. Metcalf is on average about 1000ft above sea level.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
During the summer I ride the track there. Probably a couple times a month. Some of the little trails are fun to ride. It's the only track around that I know of that lets you water down the track during the summer when it's dry. I also ride Carnegie for the hillclimbing and some track, but it's tough in the hot summer. Once in a while I make it down to Hollister. Between being so busy at work and dealing with family illness there's been no time to ride lately.

cr125drew

Apr 19, 2005
I'm sorry about that. :( I need to hit up Carnegie again, I don't think I've been there in over a year!
darringer said:
During the summer I ride the track there. Probably a couple times a month. Some of the little trails are fun to ride. It's the only track around that I know of that lets you water down the track during the summer when it's dry. I also ride Carnegie for the hillclimbing and some track, but it's tough in the hot summer. Once in a while I make it down to Hollister. Between being so busy at work and dealing with family illness there's been no time to ride lately.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
cr125drew said:
3. Does WD-40 coat rotors and get "soaken up" by brake pads, making them not as effective?

Yes.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
plastic renew

as far as plastic stuff goes, I tried that plastic renew, its a little effort but the plastic looks great.that is until you dump the bike and the nail polish like clear epoxy chips and spiderwebs. makes a bike look years younger for sales purposes though

cr125drew

Apr 19, 2005
I have been more worried about any exposed steel. Do his brakes still brake okay, or is it a noticeable change in the power?
MadArrow said:
Reminds me of a friend who sprayed WD-40 on his brakes bwecause they were squeaking. Fixed the squeak :laugh:

Top Bottom