youngone

Sep 12, 2004
HI all
just picked up a kdx 125 1990 a week ago and i havent ridden it much but say about 10miles , anyway getting to the point of the question, my bike is so oily, covered in it it mainly comes from the exhaust port which i have to look at and from the silencer it is fick black oil just to point out i looked at the spark plug and it is clean so??
so can any of u experts point some possiblitys out to me why this black oil is spraying my engine and the rest of the bike
thank u :cool:
kieren

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
I'm having trouble understanding where the oil is coming from? Is it leaking/spraying out all around where the pipe fits into the cylinder? Is it spooging all out from the silencer?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You mention 'exhaust port', so that is one of the places you get oil, presumeably?

It's likely your pipe/cylinder joint isn't in too good a shape. With a minor tag (ding, hit, crunch) on the pipe that joint can get out of joint.

Remove the pipe. Clean up the mess. Put the pipe back on..hold it with just the springs (well, if you have springs) or with one, loose bracket. Start to put the silencer on and take note of what direction the pipe stinger has to move to match up with the silencer. Take the pipe back off. Place a piece of pipe or some other strong material in each end of the pipe and 'tweak' the stinger in the direction it needs to go.

Pipes are surpisingly pliable, especially an aftermarket pipe. OEM pipes will be a bit more challenging.

Tweak it a small bit at a time, then check the silencer fit.

When it does fit as good as you can get it to, put the pipe back into the cylinder finally with a good sized bead of hi-temp silicone. Bolt up the pipe hangers and the silencer. Let the silicone cure before you start the bike up.
Unless you have a mechanical failure of some sort (wallered out cylinder at the exhaust port or really bent up pipe that is out of round at that joint) that should take care of the goo coming out.

BUT...to get rid of the goo you will have to properly jet your bike.

Top Bottom