Top Secret! DO NOT READ THIS!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Ditto, Eddie. Where are the pics? This year I was too busy enjoying myself to take pictures.

That video is nice. It'd be better if there were about 119 more minutes of it, though. Get on that, boys. No lunch break until you're done. And no nookie, either.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
No Nookie?!?11
Dang boys Zio means serious bidness here. You better get crackin if you don't want to be left pulling yer puds for the next month and a half
:laugh:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
I know that dude. All movie trailers start off the exact same way, too:

"In a world..." :confused:

I'll finish that thought!
"In a world of uncertainty and doubt, a group of dirt fanatics gather to share the last remaining wholesome and pure thing in life. It is more than just soil. More than simple mud or dust. It is….the red dirt of Cooperland, the loam of life."

Let's see if we can hire the deep voice guy for all the voice-overs. The sneak peek looks great and I'll definitely be ordering one or two.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
YES! What a tease.. You're evil! :p

Get the monster truck guy for the intro.. "DIRTWEEK, DIRTWEEK, DIRTWEEK.. MOTOR-CROSS, ENDURRRRRRROOOOO, POOOWWWEERRRR!!!" :laugh:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Farmer John
Looks great Timr!!
is it ready yet? 

Thanks FJ.  Not even close to being complete.  Your footage from the other side of the creek turned out great.  I used almost all of it.  Here are some details since the cat is kinda out of the bag.

I brought home 12 hours of raw footage from the event.  After I got home, I recieved 2 more tapes from Chuck (Tree Jumper) and 2 more tapes from Pokie.  So far, I have loaded 4 hours of footage into my computer.  I only loaded the tapes that I needed to edit the Individual (Afternoon) Hare Scramble together. 

That one segement is done.  I burned it on a DVD and sent it to Big Lou so he could check it out.  The segement runs about 45 minutes.  The race lasted about an hour.  I used footage from 6 different cameras and used a little trickery to make it look like there were two helmet cams on the track at the same time.

I will download more raw footage this weekend.  Hard drive space is going to be an issue.  The finished HS master file is 11 gigs!!!  I plan to edit one segment at a time, and then render the finished product.  When all of the segments are complete, then I will build an interactive DVD menue with Chapter selections and so one. 

Then, when I have a master set of DVD+Rs, we will be ready to duplicate.  I've checked a couple of duplication services and still have a few more to check out.  This, like the T-shirts, will have to be a pre-paid kind of deal.  When you order 500 DVDs, they want 50% of the funds up front.  There are a few decisions to be made about things like jewel cases and so on.

I intend to recruit Thump for some graphics work on the case inserts and how to get all the sponser logos on the labels and so on.

I am still waiting for a set of the Tony Eeds discs with the photos so I can incorporate them into the project.

What I can do now is re-render the HS down to an MPEG-1.  Maybe that will be a file that is smaller than 800mb.  If it is, I can burn one of those and send it to Eddie or Lou, who could then burn a few copies and then send it on to a few more and so on.  I'll look into that this weekend.  If the file is going to be larger than 800 mb, I'll have to investigate a compresion codec like DIVX to make it fit on one disc. 

The MPEG-1 version will be 320 x 280 in resolution and will look good on your comp screen as long as you don't strecth the picture too big.  Lou can tell you what the DVD looked like on his TV.  It's full broadcast DVD qualitiy.

You guys will have to have some patience as I work on the project.  I'll keep you posted, and will let Lou continue to be the front man.

This was all made possible because of a few people who cooperated with me at DW.  First, Lou, Chuck, Milk and I conspired via e-mail to put this together before we got there. 

Milk was very nice to just hand over his video camera to me and say, "Just give it back before you leave."  Chuck brought two video cameras, one that he shot with, and another one that he gave to me to use too.  Lou gave me the keys to his video case and said, "Use what you want."  So now I had 4 cameras at my disposal. 

I recruited John (RAHRAH), Mikeb, Chuck, and Farmer John as camera operators at various events.

Other people, some that I can't remember their names, were nice enough to let me borrow their tapes so I could dub them in the motorhome.  I ran up to people if they were holding a video camera and told them I needed their footage. 

Thanks to Fred T for his footage.  Thanks to Pokie for sending me his footage.  Sorry to the other people who's names I can't remember.  Seems like there were 3 or 4 more people who gave me footage.

I'm going to jump into the Mx races next.  I shot from the top level of the tower and had 3 other cameras spread out around the track.  This is some really good stuff.  I haven't even looked at most of the raw footage yet.

Also, thanks to MXBundy and MIck for wearing the Helmet Cams.  Really good stuff too!

The footage from Mick going into the 1st turn during the afternoon Pro/A class mX is cool stuff.  Coop, Billy and Dr D. are up ther throwing big roost.

I have two camera views from the kids mx races on the small track, so that should look good too.  I think I have two camera views from the big dudes on little bike races.

One way or another, I'll get through all of it. 

Sorry to John, Paddy, and Mikeb for always taking up the kitchen table in the RV.  Seems like everytime they wanted to sit down to eat, I had the table covered with video cameras.  They were either dubbing tape or charging batteries.  Sorry that I didn't help with the cooking, i was kinda busy.

Lou and I will keep you guys updated. 

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Wow, You rock Timr and those that helped as he named on the last page. I had no clue this was going on at all :thumb: The video sounds like its got cool stuff on it!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
Very cool Tim. I can't wait to get my very own copy :)

Yours will be waiting for you in Oklahoma next October. We dont deliver out of state. :moon:

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
To all involved in the production of this project: you guys rock big time.  :yeehaw: I am so in for a  copy of this.  Thanks for all the hard work and time you have put in on this! :thumb: :worship:

Jerry

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Oh...man...! :worship:  :worship:

I'll take two, 'cause I'm sure I'll wear out the first one!! 

Awesome, you guys.  :aj:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet .........

impressive stuff Lou and Tim, me wants please :thumb:

B

biglou

Just a note-Tim has tons more footage than what I showed in the teaser (that's why it's a teaser:p ). He has helmetcam footage, mini races, all kinds of different camera angles, etc. that I don't have. What I've shown is just the tip of the iceberg...

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by BigLou
Just a note-Tim has tons more footage than what I showed in the teaser (that's why it's a teaser:p ). He has helmetcam footage, mini races, all kinds of different camera angles, etc. that I don't have. What I've shown is just the tip of the iceberg...

Uh...Yeah...I have 12 hours of stuff that I haven't even looked at yet!  :scream:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
:thumb: :worship: Great job guys and girls. That was very awesome that you gave up your DW time (as well as all the time your spending now) to do this. I know i want one!!!!! I just love this family. :worship:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I've already got a bad spot in my hard drive from rewinding the clip! How 'bout another taste??? ;) ;)

B

biglou

You want more? The hook is set, eh? ;) Stand by. Gimme a few hours-working on something here...

Top Bottom