MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I've decided that i'm gonna upgrade my top triple clamp soon on my YZF. I've decided I want to go back to a rubber mounted setup like my '01 CR's. Are you able to get the applied clamps that way? Or should I just go with the RG3's even though they are like $80 more and I feel like they are kinda over kill for me. I was gonna go with one of the kits ( top clamp, OS bars, mounts, bar pad) motosportsoutlet sells and they offer applied, RG3's, pro tapers, and Tags (the tag setup is more than the RG3's!) The only one I know of being a sure thing on rubber mounted is the RG3's someone give me the 411 on the other clamps please. I would prefer to go with the applied's cause they are the cheapest.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Emig does rubber mounted for the YZF. Personally I like the Emigs better on the YZF because you can get the bars taller and farther forward than you can on the RG3... I tried them both. Emig Racing 1.866.438.3644 ask for Paige if you call. (Jeff's sister, and super cool)

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I meet jeff emig in '00 at washougal and talked to him for like a half hour he's a real nice guy and super kewl. I'll have to check out the emig clamps.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I have Emig clamps on my SuperMotard YZF and love them. Bars are nice and far forward where they belong now. I used the Emig oversize bar kit on my CRF to mount Tag T2 bars, and the quality, fit and finish is equally high. Seems like consistently good quality stuff coming out of the Emig camp.

Top Bottom