Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I want to mount protaper bars to my 04 YZ250F. I've decided to buy a new top clamp so I can get bar mounts with rubber. I have carpal tunnel and what to do everything to reduce vibration to my hands. I'm undecided on the following clamps:

RG3 4-post top clamp
Protaper rubber mount top clamp
Applied Racing triple clamp set w/rubber

Vibration reduction and strength are the top priority. My CR has the rubber stock mounts and I've bent them twice.

Please give your comments about each ones strengths and weaknesses.
Thanks.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I got the Applied rubber mounted clamps. I haven't bent the bolts but they have twisted more than I would like. Pain in the butt to get em str8 again.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I got the Pro Taper rubber mount triple clamps. Wrecked on them about 6 times last week and didn't move the bars a bit. I haven't really thought about the dampening but I guess they work cause I don't get that ringing type feeling anymore when I rev it up. I put the yellow mount in.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
The rubber mount ones that are on the cr/crf's (I think this is what the taper clamp is going to be like) IMO aren't that great. I've bent 3 mounts....2 of them were the oem ones and the other was the bolt for my emig one piece clamp (good thing its just a bolt and not part of the clamp like the oem's) The weakness is at the spot where the two cones meet in the middle. With a large impact the bolt/clamp will bend there every time. I've never had any aftermarket triple clamps so I can only give my experience with the rubber cone style.

Top Bottom