tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Is it a necessity to torque the flywheel and primary gear bolts? When I did the bottom end I torqued everything to spec. I'm replacing both main seals and used an impact wrench to remove the bolts. I don't have access to a gear holding tool I used the when the bottom end was done. Should I ust use the impact wrench to tighten. Or, does anyone know a trick to hold the gears so I can use a torque wrench?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You should most definitaly use a torque wrench for the flywheel and primary gear bolts. Not sure on how to hold the gears though.

kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
in between the gears stick a penny in them so when u turn it the peny will lock up the gears so they wont turn. just make sure that the penny is on the right side of the gears if not it wont work.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Stick a peice of plastic like a toothbrush handle in between the gears . Or a soft peice of aluminum . Honda recalled many many CBR929s for clutch baskets and in the kit they gave us a trick litlle stick of soft aluminum. Use red loctite I saw a couple YAM 125 motors where the primary gear nut walked out and stopped the motor and cracked the R/S case .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom