Torque ring... Rev pipe? Good? Bad?

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I am getting ready to send off my cylinder for the Mo Better porting from Eric Gorr and plan to use my rev pipe because I love the top end. I am also doing the RB carb mod too for the bottom end and smooth response. Would this torque ring help the bottom while helping to keep my top end too? I know... I know.... I want the cake AND icing! :)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Forget about it...imo.

The 200 outfitted with a -30 (rev) pipe and with an RB carb mod can have all the bottom end you need. Far better than the -35 would ever put out with an unmodified PWK.

If you have been following the RB threads...don't forget the #2 sweet spot for the airscrew (DO get the finger-adjustable knurled airscrew from Ron, too!).

If you need more info about that, let me know.

The DFII helped out quite a bit.

You'll love it.

...I'd forget the torque ring. Not necessary.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Last edited:

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I agree with above; Stealhy FWW is great for woods.
Didn't know about knurled AS; I like the idea of not digging that stupid screw driver out of my boot!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Excellent.... I was just a little concerned that the rev pipe may not be a good fit for the porting and RB. I am tired of buying pipes. Eventually, I will probably buy a torque pipe just to play with but with the porting and RB... I will be a broke boy.
The only reason I am getting it ported is that the cylinder needs fixed from the wrist pin digging into the walls... so I figure as long as I am getting it welded, replated and a new Weisco Pro-Lite, I might as well get the (mo better everywhere) porting done too. Eric is the man!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Mr. Crenca:
You need to pay closer attention! ;) That screw happened a long time ago!! With the fine tuning possible via the AS on an RB carb, it's well spent $$.

Rethnal:
Find that second 'sweet spot' on one of his carbs. Keep after the AS adjustment until it's right. It doesn't take much to make a HUGE difference. Take note that a one-size main change will effect the off-idle to 1/4 throttle response ALSO to a huge extent. Yesterday, my bike went from running perfectly (155) to lackluster, no-pull, 'I can't make it up this hill :(' performance with a 152.

When you get your stuff back please post a pic or two of the coated cylinder? I'd like to see it (and, if you know who did the work).

A reiteration for emphasis (I guess)....you will find the bike to be perfectly tuneable to a -30 pipe for single track woods. Yeah...I've been here before, but I don't think my little 200 could possibly run any better. 2nd gear pull (12T CSS) is incredible off the very bottom. It's just perfect!
Thanks.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
canyncarvr said:
When you get your stuff back please post a pic or two of the coated cylinder? I'd like to see it (and, if you know who did the work).

Will do!
I am assured they will do a top notch job.... but it doesn't hurt to put the pressure on em by letting them know I am posting pics! :laugh:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Ummm.... Just talked to Eric... He is suggesting the 225 kit deal. :think: I was just wantin' the weld/bore/port/plate deal... but now he's got me thinkin'...... $425 out the door. Sounds almost too good to be true.... Any downsides to this deal? Do I really need it? Is it over kill? :ohmy:

Top Bottom