kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
im having some trouble on putting the clutch spring holder on the right torque. I have a manual for my 86 kdx 200, but it does not say how tight to torque the bolts that go through the plate that holds the springs on. what is the right torque to set the bolts at, if any one knows, its much appreciated. thanks

Stretch351w

Oct 12, 2005
Yea, Im wondering the same thing, I got an 87 honda that was given to me, the kickstarted didnt work but I fixed that. Now Im putting the clutch back in and can't figure out if those bolts are supposed to be run all the way down which I would think would just keep the clutch locked and always engaged... but I still can't get it through my head how these things work. I'm hoping someone out there can help cause I'd like to have the bike running before I put it away for winter. If you find out please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. -Mark

Stretch351w

Oct 12, 2005
Hey I talked to a guy I know who does alot of riding, he said just tighten down the bolts, you dont have to crank on them but you know snug them up, you'll get a feel for them. I'm gonna do that, just gotta wait til weds. for a dam thrust washer for my kickstart before I throw it all back together. I'll let ya know if it works.

Top Bottom