KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Anybody here have one of the toy haulers with the drop down bed in the back of the trailer? I think most Wanderers have them?
I'm looking into buying a hauler but will need to work on the bikes and keep them in the trailer most of the time when not traveling because I don't have a garage right now.
Was wondering how much of a pain it is having the bed above the area where the bikes are tied down?
I'm 6'2' and thought this might be a problem working on the bikes and loading in and out. Have only seen pics of these kind, don't have a dealer near me and will probably buy one off ****.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Oldguy and Nikki both have them

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Offroadr said:
Oldguy and Nikki both have them
Neither Nikki's or mine has the drop down bed but I know nikki's friend Buko has one and I am pretty sure she really likes the setup
Here is also a site that has pretty good info
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
They both have the KZ Toy haulers. I think this is the floorplan they have.
http://www.kz-rv.com/sportster/sportster_24.php
I hope I'm thinking of the right people!

We checked it out. Seems like a pretty good set-up. Good size bathroom too.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Mine has a fixed loft bed where the front half folds up, there is lots of room to work on bikes with the front half folded up. Both sofas on the side fold up against the wall. Height under the fixed part of the loft is about 5' 8" and is about 3' from back door. Loads of headroom forward of that part.

My trailer is 16' box and has a raised section in the rear to accomodate the loft bed.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The link from mxgirl is buko's floor plan with the drop down bed in the back. I'm 5'5" and have to duck to walk under the bed when it's raised up all the way. No way you would be able to comfortably work on the bikes under the bed. But their floor plan is open and there is plenty of room in the middle of the trailer for wrenching.

Both oldguy and I have KZ's but with a 10 foor shop in the back sepatated from the main living quarters by a wall and doors, with a bed that folds outward from the shop. The 10' shop in the back is nice because you can leave 4 bikes in the trailer and not have to rearrange to use the beds. Plus it's like another room. But you lose some of the openness if you're going with a smaller hauler.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Thanks, I called weekend warrior and found out their standard bed is 6ft. when up and the electric model is almost 6 1/2 ft. when up. They also have an option for the manual bed of getting a raised section in the back to get the 6 1/2. Hhhhhhmmm, might have to get a new one????

I've been eyeballing different ones for a while(dreaming) and think I would like the setup with everything completely open, no separate rooms. The bikes could sleep outside once we get to our destination and would be nice when we go camping without the bikes to have the whole trailer.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
We've got a Desert Fox 28KSHW with dual-electric bunk beds in the back. When fully retracted to the ceiling, we have a little over 6'-0" of clearance. I'm 6'-5" and don't have a problem at all.

When our bikes are loaded, most of the bikes are forward of the beds anyway.

The Desert Fox is an awesome rig, but it's pretty tongue-heavy...right around 1,200 lbs loaded. We're pulling it with a GMC 2500HD crew cab Duramax/Allison and wouldn't feel comfortable with a smaller truck.

Top Bottom