RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
Hey guys,
Just wondering if I can mount a Honda Trail 70 cylinder onto my daughter's (Yea well I ride it sometimes :-) . I can get ahold of a trail 70 cylinder and piston form an old early 70's bike.
They look the same.
Has anything changed ?
Just cious if it will work and if it will just bolt on. Do I have to do an head work ?
Thanks,
Raz

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I have never taken the ct70 cylinder and put it on the XR but i have put one on a Z50. The cylinder drops right on but is alittle tight in the case. it probably would have worked to dremel the case a bit but it did go together. The head would not work. The combustion chamber area is made for a 39mm piston and then you drop a much larger one on top and it actually contacts the piston. You can snag a head off ebay for a few bucks and then your set. I'm sure you could machine the 50 head to make it work but you will still have the smaller valves.

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
OK so what can I do before that ?

My daughter wants more power. She is running a stock setup. What low cost mods can I do to settle her for awhile that won't have to be reversed once I get a big bore kit ?
I like mods I can do myself or make myself. I am a tool and Diemaker by trade so I have machining capabilities.
Thanks,
Raz

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
machine the opening of the carb. a bigger dia carb breathes better. There are a few different pipes out there but someone was putting out a simple spacer for the stock pipe that was almost as good as the aftermarket pipes for only like $20. I don't remember who it was but I'll do some diggin.

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
Did you happen to find the spacer ?

Jasle said:
machine the opening of the carb. a bigger dia carb breathes better. There are a few different pipes out there but someone was putting out a simple spacer for the stock pipe that was almost as good as the aftermarket pipes for only like $20. I don't remember who it was but I'll do some diggin.

Did you happen to find the spacer ? Did this fit between the cylinder and the pipe ?
Thanks,
raz

Top Bottom