mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
Thinking of riding there tomorrow. Anyone know how much snow there is still in the area. Anyone ride today in the Holton/ Twin Lake area?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Not me. Spent the day studding tires for the ice. Not that the ice will be worth a darn after this weekend. But hopefully soon.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey ya MJ..
I was up on Schow Rd today - about 2 miles south of Horseshoe and they have at least 8 inches of wet heavy slop still in the woods.. Also I am sure that all the high wind we have been having blowing around the snow from the storm we just had will also have all the ruts and low spots in whoops filled in even deeper with the wet stuff.. Way their talking about Monday and Tuesday it sounds like those would be the better days for a trail attack... Course what do I know,,,, I dont even have a bike with screws in the tires anymore....
Cedar Creek has far less snow then Horseshoe does,, I was by there earlier too..
Oh well,, tell you what you do, call scream "HEY TROUBLEMAKER" - if he answers and says its time to ride GO FOR IT!!! Now DONT ask him to go along cause his new rules for himself is 4 inches or less BUT I happen to know that he incourages others to ride even if the powder is at the 2 feet mark...
oh - by the way - Kold Kutters are not mandatory but they sure reduce the chance of breaking things,, body or bike.. Besides its always nice to go back over the trail and pickup all the firewood you cut when you riding,,,
HAVE FUN
Woodsy
Have fun..
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey ya MJ..
I went to visit a buddy of mine who was bored (C PIC) I was up on Schow Rd today - about 2 miles south of Horseshoe and they have at least 8 inches of wet heavy slop still in the woods.. Also I am sure that all the high wind we have been having blowing around the snow from the storm we just had will also have all the ruts and low spots in whoops filled in even deeper with the wet stuff.. Way their talking about Monday and Tuesday it sounds like those would be the better days for a trail attack... Course what do I know,,,, I dont even have a bike with screws in the tires anymore....
Cedar Creek has far less snow then Horseshoe does,, I was by there earlier too..
Oh well,, tell you what you do, call scream "HEY TROUBLEMAKER" - if he answers and says its time to ride GO FOR IT!!! Now DONT ask him to go along cause his new rules for himself is 4 inches or less BUT I happen to know that he incourages others to ride even if the powder is at the 2 feet mark...
oh - by the way - Kold Kutters are not mandatory but they sure reduce the chance of breaking things,, body or bike.. Besides its always nice to go back over the trail and pickup all the firewood you cut when you riding,,,
HAVE FUN
Woodsy
Have fun..
Woodsy

Attachments

• houses08 002.jpg
    houses08 002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 264

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Looks like they took the rain out of the forecast for today. Let me know the time and place if you are going out today mike.

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
Thanks for the info Woodsy.
Joe I think I will give it another week to improve. With that much snow yet and all this melting I think it would just be a slush fest.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
We lost a ton of snow overnight. Another day of two of this and riding season may start again. :cool: The ruts in the snow from earlier rides should open up quickly.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Im riding Sunday Morning @ either

1 Horseshoe
2 Holton
3 Cedar Creek

I have a small window of opertunity for a ride but Im going for it. Ill have to be home by 1pm ish.

So if anyone wants to ride Sunday Morning around 9am lemme know otherwise Im riding by myself.

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
Im riding Sunday Morning @ either

1 Horseshoe
2 Holton
3 Cedar Creek

I have a small window of opertunity for a ride but Im going for it. Ill have to be home by 1pm ish.

So if anyone wants to ride Sunday Morning around 9am lemme know otherwise Im riding by myself.

Count me in.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
great ride today Don and Joe. I thought I was gonna freeze to death though befre I got home...

Note to self... bring dry clothes next time. lol :bang:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea even after a hot shower I was still frozen. Wraped in a blanket and fell asleep as soon as I hit the chair...Great ride!

Top Bottom