Trail Direction

Scarbro

Feb 6, 2006
I promise I tried searching this topic before posting, but I wanted to get people's opinion on trail direction.

I was riding little O this weekend and while 3 out of my 5 head to head experiences weren't bad, a couple were very close and potentially very dangerous. I've been riding for many years and I guess last Sunday was just a fast day with the rain and then mix that with alot of riders..... potential disaster. So my question is this, why isn't there a trail traffic direction? Is there a secret trail direction that I don't know about? odd weeks ride counter clockwise, even clockwise?

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
probably a good idea, but to get everyone "onboard" and understand even/odd weeks or whatever is asking a lot.

that and we enjoy gassing up and running the same loop the opposite direction too for a bit of variety instead of the same direction back to back.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
We have tried for years to arrange some kind of protocol for this problem, but to no avail at the present. Unenforcible is won of the reasons.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…