SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
OK Guys the woodscourse is completed and ready to be ridden. I need some help breaking it in and thought I would ask my friends if they wanted to help me in this chore.

The ride time is Sunday at 1:00-1:30.

About the trail. I suspect that it is 3 plus mile long with 2/3 of it being VIRGIN, the other 1/3 is a grass track. The trail is arrowed. Best part is it has no whoops. It is tight :p but very ridiable. There are some logs still across the trail but I have ride most of it on a little KX100 and it makes it over all the logs.

Ride plans
1:30 slow parade lap. 3 lap trail break in. then we will see where it goes from there, may be a Race of some sorts.

SO HOW ABOUT IT.

Mike M, KTM Mike, YZMAN400, Don Marsh, FredT, Bagerman, Mark (better leave the 950 home) KTM125 Sparkey, Smittdog, Any body else!

If you want to Join the ride email me at sgt_johansen@yahoo.com and I will forward you directions.

It is going to be a good time don't miss it.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
man that sounds like fun. But I have to take the kid riding Sun morning on his new bike. Then spend some time with the wife in the afternoon.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Brian
I was looking for a place to ride this weekend.
sounds like it's a great loop
see everyone Sunday

Thanks
Sparkey

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yoooooo, Brian - Sarge buddy!! Sent you a e-mail - PLEASE let me know where this is happening!! Hopefully its not like over in Brighton or something.. I am not on very good terms with that area right now - hahahha - I have a certain Police Department that would LOVE to get another shot at me!! Just kidding, as long as it a LEGAL trail it would be fun.... Maybe I can make it!
Thanks
Woodsy :ride:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Brian, thanks for the invite but I am riding Holton tomorrow and racing in Indiana on Sunday.
Poor timing on my part.
Thanks anyway.
Your Friend
Don

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Brian - man this may be a great way to "break in" my hand...hmmm... bad choice of words huh?

What general area are you in? (just to get an idea of approximate drive time)

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Don Marsh said:
Brian, thanks for the invite but I am riding Holton tomorrow and racing in Indiana on Sunday.
Poor timing on my part.
Thanks anyway.
Your Friend
Don
Me too, fell in with a bad crowd, to late to change the plans. :yikes:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
TCTrailrider said:
Me too, fell in with a bad crowd, to late to change the plans. :yikes:

So - what time you guys coming to Holton?? Are ya parkign in the Brunswick lot?? Is your ride a sanctioned ride? Do you all have life insurance? Will you guys be providing support services to anyone getting lost?? ;)

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
woodsy said:
So - what time you guys coming to Holton?? Are ya parkign in the Brunswick lot?? Is your ride a sanctioned ride? Do you all have life insurance? Will you guys be providing support services to anyone getting lost?? ;)

Woodsy,
Insurance is my life, so yes I've got plenty, as far as the other boneheads, don't know, don't care. The ride is sanctioned by our wifes, get out of town or else. We don't get lost.It may seem that way to others but we'll never admit it.
Leaving TC around 8AM, not sure where were parking, Marsh is driving. Call me after 8AM for details. 231 620 1378, see you there.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yo woodsy I got an extra spot in the trailer. Im headin up to the snow chicken tomorrow. if you want the spot gimme a shout before say 11:00pm on my cell.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YOOOOOOOO''' Don O' - THANKS FOR THE INVITE!!!
Acutally I have a family gathering tommorrow for my Nephew Kyle (the car accident victim) around 3ish that I aboulutly gotta make! Its a simple rule - family first! I REALLY do appreiciate it though Don!! Hey, give those yahoos up there the what for for me will ya!! Toss some slush in Hubys face for me and tell him I am gunnin for him - he is STILL the slickest rabbit I have EVER chased!!! He'll know what I am talkin about!!! HAVE FUN!!!!
TC - if possible at all I will call you guys on your way down! I have been sleeping pretty late due to night drugs but I will try... If I miss you guys I may just come looking for ya's! That area your riding is in my back yard (with 1/2 hour for me) so no probs if I gotta find ya on da trail!!! Is it just you and Marsh?? Give me chance, I think I can get ya's lost and make ya say uncle hahahah
GLad you have insurance cause running wit the group you run with you may need it! :aj: :laugh:

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Anybody got any extra space on a trailer for someone in Holland? I just got back into dirtbikes after a long stint on road bikes. I was using my dads trailer last year and haven't got the money to get my own yet this year (Thanks Tax Man :bang: )

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
OK I rode the complete course today, WOW. Fun. 3 laps without a break was enough for me today. last lap took 14:30 on however long the course is. I could not hardly hold on. Need just a little tweak it in a couple place but pretty cool. Not for the faint of heart.

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Brian
e mial me directions please. thx
Fred

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
for anybody that wants to show up tomorrow here is the place the ride is at

6422 Dickerson Lake Rd Greenville Mi 48838

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
SGJ_Johansen said:
Fred,

Did you get my email?
Brian

yeah but it didn't have directions. I map quested your address so I'm good to go. see ya at 1 PM Sunday. :ride:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Looks like I wont be able to make it tomorrw. Oh well. I am sure you will have a blast without me! Enjoy yourselves!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
KTM Mike said:
Looks like I wont be able to make it tomorrw. Oh well. I am sure you will have a blast without me! Enjoy yourselves!
I am in the same boat Michele - I wound up having to put down anothr well todayh... I am BEAT!! Iworked my tali off psputting it in,, Hoepfully it maintains for yeears cause I rea;;y dont wann do another..
Myday Sunday will be at home getting the water system togetheri

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the invite Brian... but the family was out-of-town for the weekend skiing up north.

Post again (with plenty of notice!) when the second loop gets broken-in. How's the KX running? Bark busters getting broken-in? :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom