firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
A friend of mine, Mikki Douglass, is a Debbie Matthews instructor and she teaches trail schools as well as motocross schools. She is holding 2 in June, one on the 23rd and a women-only class the 30th. Check out her website www.mikmoto.com for more info. She is an awesome rider who is better than most guys I know, on the track or on the trail, and a very patient and skilled teacher as well.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, I've been a victim of Karl's trail techniques many times. Remember the "#@$% You, Karl!" hill in Reno? You two tend to forget that not everybody rides CR 500s. And I've been behind him a few times at Mica, too. *shudder* However that would be a good way to learn in a hurry--just follow him and try to stay upright!

Mikki was at the Muddy Butt and did really well. Since her partner hurt her knee, they were DQed, but she was the only woman who finished (that I know of--I think only 4 of us even entered). She would probably like Karl's trails. :eek: She has really helped me out! I took a MX class from her and while I didn't have my new bike yet, it helped a lot.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
off topic...

FC22-
were you at dairyland sunday? i stopped by there about 3:30 after riding at reiter, mainly to see if I could find it. i hiked out to the MX track to look at it...cool place. i saw a couple KTM's around, thought one might have been yours. i was in black/blue/grey/white fox gear & had my XR in the truck.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hmmm . . . yes, I was there, but I didn't see you. I wear gray gear and a bright orange helmet, the bike has black and silver plastic on it. We were in the convertible 69 Bronco with enclosed trailer behind. We weren't on the main track very much. There are a couple smaller tracks plus some grass track we were working on.

Top Bottom