At0m1c FuSi0n

Dec 3, 2000
I was thinking of getting a trail tech computer but the only problem is that the KDX package is labeled for 95-2000s. My question is will this kit work on my 1992 KDX? I hope it will cause this thing seams pretty nice.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I looked at this too. It looks like a great bang for the buck. I'm pretty sure it can be adapted to any bike. You program in the size of the tire, and there are lots of mounting options.

I chose a GPS system instead. Take a look for the Garmin eTrex line. The most basic unit is around $100, and the handlebar mount can be had online for $20.

It does the same things, gives you distance, speed, and offers more in the way of: a compas, waypoints for your favorite trails (and so you don't get lost). Waypointing the car and heading off without worrying is a good thing.

I originally had the cheaper one (yellow basic one) and gave that to my dad and upgraded to the Vista. It contains maps and comes with the PC cable to you can 'chart' your favorite trails and save them on your PC. (you can do this with the basic one too, but the vista has more memory and can hold more).

my .02 cents.

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
I bought 2 of them for my bikes and they work just fine. I already had the magnet pick up from my ICO so I didn't even use their pick up. Theirs seems pretty heavy duty which is a good thing. I also did not mount it to the old speedo holder because it wouldn't work with my headlight set up. I just made a bracket that holds either the ICO or the trailtech. I use the trailtech for everything but organized dual sport rides where I need the automatic resets. I really like the feaures and it is easy to see while riding.

Hope this helps.

Brenda

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
At0m1c FuSi0n

I'm pretty sure, looking at the photo and the way those things mount you shouldn't have any problem mounting it on your bike.

Top Bottom