Acblind

Aug 21, 2010
I just bought the trail tech vapor speedo/tach from ebay. Has anyone installed one before? Was it worth the $100 or just a waste of money?

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I had one on my kdx, I made a mount out of lexan and the first time I washed out it broke off. I have some aluminum to make another mount but have not gotten around to it yet.

I know it might seem difficult but once you get into the wires and instructions it goes along pretty easy. the hardest part was to fabricate a mount for it.

for the magnet on the front wheel I used 2 part epoxy and put it in the elongated slot of the rotor.

the temperature I got a sensor that fit in the top of the head whre you would bleed the air off as you fill the system with coolant.
the tach I had to foll around with the # of wraps around the spark pug wire.

I think it was worth it

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I think the Trail Tech Vapor is worth every penny for a 4 stroke. Originally, I bought it for my "trailized" YZ400 which was geared high and had no overflow, so it was prone to overheat in tight woods. The Trail Tech allowed me to monitor the temp and provided peace of mind. Since, I have sold the YZ and moved it over to my WR426. I am mindful of keeping it dry, although it has been wet a few times and still works.

Top Bottom