DIRT DUDE

Jul 12, 2000
Hey Trailrider, I checked out your pics,great page and pics. Can you please tell me where in Colo. the Rainbow trail is.
It looks like a great place to ride.What type of riding is it? single track ? how many miles? Thanks

------------------
98 XR400

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Hey Dirt Dude,
The Rainbow trail is a 100 mile long single track trail that runs along the east side of the Sangre De Cristo mountains. It runs from Salida southeast to Music Pass Creek. It has a lot of variety. It's one of those trails that you ride one way then turn around and ride back. Unless you plan a loop with forest roads here and there. My first trip there I rode from Alvarado CG south to Music Creek and took the FRs back to the CG. Second trip I rode from Lake Creek CG to Hayden Creek CG. and back. I have yet to do from Alvarado to Lake Creek and from Hayden Creek to Salida. Alvarado CG is just west of Westcliffe CO.. Looking at a Colorado Atlas,
you'll see the Rainbow trail parallels hwys. 69 and 50. Lots of creek crossings. None of the trails that go to the top of the ridge on the east side of the range are open to OHVs. The trails up to the ridge to the lakes out of Alvarado CG offer great hiking.
The San Isabel NF map is a good source for a trail map. Any other ?s I can answer just ask.

------------------
Derek
'00XR400
Trailryder42s Picture Page

Top Bottom