Trails in SC (Manchester, Francis Marion, ETC.)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Hey Folks,
Thought I'd start a thread where we can post the current trail conditions for SC riding areas. Anyone that has ridden the following areas lately please post the conditions.

Thanks,
Scott

Manchester - 5-5-02 Major WHOOPS! All trails. They just reworked the MX track.

Francis Marion -?

TNT -?

Cedar Springs -?

Parson's Mountain -?

Enoree -?

Others-?

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
Rode at Enoree about 3 weeks ago, trails were in good shape, Parsons Mountain 2 weeks ago, trails were in good shape except for about 2 miles that was rutted out pretty bad, Cedar Springs is suppose to open May 15th.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Yamahaxt,
I've heard good things about Parsons Mt. We're going to give it a try soon.

Thx,
Scott

Last edited:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I've been to Parsons's mt. once a few weeks ago. It was excellent. Not as good as TNT but still good. ATV ruts the whole way around almost though. There are also some tough spots that are uncrossable unless you are on an ATV and even then I wouldn't do it but there is always a second route to take around most of that stuff.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
SOLO,
Say TNT is good? That's also on the "to do" list. I've only tried Francis Marion and Manchester, I'm ready for something besides continuous sand and whoops. Manchester has 19 miles of it right now. :(

Thanks,
Scott

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
TNT is good? no...... TNT is GREAT! They have anything and everything. Very well maintained and it is just perfect. :)

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
You could do Parsons and Cedar in the sameday. Cedar Springs is less than 30 minutes from Parsons. TNT does have a good trail system. We rode there a month ago. BSCUTTR where are you located in S.C.? I'm located in the Upstate, Anderson SC. Maybe we could hook up one weekend at Parsons or Cedar Springs.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
yamahaxt,
I'm down in the low country where I-95 and I-26 intersect (near Holly Hill). It'd be great to meet and do some riding. There are 5 of us that ride together and a couple of them have ridden up your way. Both went to Clemson. In fact one lives in Anderson now and comes home on the weekend.
I'll have to shoot for June, as I have a crazy schedule this month. Is there a tentative weekend that works for you? I round up the guys to see what would be good for them as well.
Thanks for the offer and let's make this happen! :)

Scott

yamahaxt

May 23, 2001
Know your area well, my grandparents have a lakehouse on Santee. As far as a riding trip there are 4 of us that ride together and we were trying to get together for a trip to Roy Taylor ATV area around June 8th. It's about 30 minutes above Cashiers NC off of 107. Since you are familer with Clemson you probably have heard of Cashiers. Send me your email and I'll keep you posted. My email is [email protected].

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
yamahaxt, I live in Clemson, or more appropriatly Six Mile. Most people don't know where it is but you should.

I don't ride trails often but I am definitly up for a ride at parsons mountain or TNT.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Yamahaxt,
I sent you an email so we can get the ball rolling.

SOLO,
We'll all have to hook up for this. Should be allot of fun. :confused:

Don't you wish DW2 was closer to us?

Scott

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey guys, don't do it by email...Do it here so I can come crash the party! (I promise to bring Ivan :scream: )

We used to ride at a track near Holly Hill. It was one exit north of 26 on 95, head east 3-5 miles, then left on a dirt road for 1/2 mile or so through an orchard. Sound familiar? Is it still there?

If any of you guys are willing to head up to TNT or Turkey Creek Sunday, let me know (here).

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
HLGomer,
Very, very, small world. That track is 1/2 mile away from my home. In fact, my friend that lives in Anderson owns that track. Remember Mark S. on a '91 RM250?

He also has miles of dirt roads, power lines, single track, etc. and I have a 3 mile loop here at my house. We're working on connecting all this together so we don't need to trailer at all.

Anyway, the track is still there but needs some maintenance. It needs to be sprayed to kill some vegetation then massaged a little to break up the hard pack. Most of us are riding woods but still venture over to the track on occasion. Where I gladly watch those younguns jump. :)

I wish I could head up your way this Sunday, but schedule says not until June. I'll round up my guys and post a date when we can head your way. Should be some fun.

Scott

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't remember what I had for lunch, much less that long ago. :scream:

I think the last time I was there was winter / spring of 95. I had a 90 YZ250, #969 at the time, then switched to a 95 YZ250.

I've got a friend (works for a bobcat dealer) who would show up with equipment if it meant that he could ride down there sometimes.

Let me know when you guys can "head north"!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I don't remember what I had for lunch, much less that long ago. :scream:
LOL I can relate to that! :ugg:

Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I've got a friend (works for a bobcat dealer) who would show up with equipment if it meant that he could ride down there sometimes.
I'll talk to Mark and pass it along. I'll bet he'll take you up on that offer. :)

Let me know when you guys can "head north"!
You bet! This could turn into a South East DRN Spodefest! I'll be the spode. :confused:

Ivan,
Where are you from?

Scott

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by bscottr

You bet! This could turn into a South East DRN Spodefest! I'll be the spode. :confused:

Ivan,
Where are you from?

Scott

I live in a van down by the river somewhere outside of Spartanburg, SC :)

I think we need to invite some Georgia and Alabama boys up for the Memorial day weekend ride if we decide to get together then.

Ivan

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Ivan,
You ever ridden with DRN member Mack Reed from Charlotte? I see in your profile you do the HS scene. He's a fast guy, of course you may be faster. :scream:
Memorial Day isn't good for me, but soon afterwards.... :confused:

Scott

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am not faster than Mack I can tell you that. I believe he rides a Kawasaki and won the overall in the 250 class for the Mid-East HS?

If that is the same he and Gomer tore up a hill at TNT and I believe there is some footage on the web somewhere.

I have ridden with some fast people (like Steward Baylor <sp?>) but I myself am nowhere near fast. I just enjoy being out there.

If anyone thinks I don't live up to my monicker of Truespode they will be sorely dissappointed :)

Ivan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom