TrailTech Vector temp settings???

cash_62

May 13, 2009
Hey everyone...I have a 95 KDX200 that I've put a trailtech vector computer onto...It has ability to notify you of "warning" engine temp and "danger" engine temp, and both values are able to be set by the user. My question is what should these temps be, assuming a stock engine with stock pipe/jetting, running 32:1 premix?

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
We have a Vapor , which is the sister to your unit .

Yes , they are very nice , well worth the money.

Your bike should run around 165-175 on a 70 degree day with
adequate air flow.

I have ours set at 190 - 230 ,,,,, just my opinion as 50/50 anti-freeze and water boils at 265

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
How is the install on an '89 work? I didn't see a kit specific for the '89 so I am figuring that you just hack the harness and wire it in or is it possible?

cash_62

May 13, 2009
If you get the 95-up kit, it comes with a magnetic bolt that goes into your front rotor, and a magnetic sensor/cable that requires you to drill a 1/8" hole in your caliper mount that reads the speed of your front wheel via the magnetic bolt. The temp sensor is a pass-through plumbing nipple that requires you to cut your outflow line (I put mine on the inflow line to the head) and splice it in place. The kit will come with everything you need to install it (depending on how zip-tie happy you are, you might want to buy a few more than are supplied in the kit), and it took me about a half hour to finish everything. I'm just guessing here, but all the parts look pretty universal to me, so the 95-up kit would most likely fit earlier models as well.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom