training for 15yr old.

Mar 28, 2009
well i'm about 5'10" and about 150 pounds, i would say i'm in great condition. i work out often and ride every chance i get. i have been rode freestyle bmx, dirt track bmx, and also done lots of mountain biking.
i ride a 2001 rm125 and wondering how i can be able to manueaver this alot better, as i have heard seat time is the best thing for me, but what is the best substitute to it?
anything would help :nod:
thanks.

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Cardio is one place to start, go jogging every day. increase your distance as your strength increases. Next, hit the track. Have a friend go with you and time you. Do several 30 minute moto's and be sure to push yourself. I know, that sounds like alot but thats what you have to do to win races. Make note of your lap times, you should see them get quicker over time. Do mild wieght training at a gym. Focus on your legs and upper body. One trick to use, take your pulse immediatly after riding. When going to work out, skip rope or do jumping jacks to get your heart rate up to where it would be when you are racing, then do your workout. And most importantly, eat heathly. Stay away from junk food. Hire a dietition to set up a meal plan for you based on your physical needs. As you said, saddle time is the best MX training, and there is no substitute.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…