Travis P. showed up at the local track

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Racing the 4th round of the Cooperland MX Series and me and my wife are relaxing under the ez-up and to our suprise, My wife notices Matt Hoffman walking by. Then shortly after Travis and Guy Cooper show up for a 2 lap pit bike race.

I know TP gets a bad rap sometimes but that kid is just to nice and way cool. He stayed and signed everything shoved in front of him and ans. every question a kid could come up with. Outside of his incredible talent, he really treats the fans well. :cool:

got some cool pics but my computer is freaking out on me and won't let me post any.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
He really is a fan favorite! This year at the St Louis Supercross, our family saw him exit his semi (we thought he was coming out to great fans) and sign autographs, take pictures, shake hands, I would say for about a total of 10 minutes from the time he walked out the semi. All of this time he was doing this, his mechanic and his mother kept looking around and would whisper something to him about every other time he would talk to some fan. I really didn't pay any attention to the why they would be whipering to him until I finally saw another Suzuki member running with Travis' bike towards the track. And to my shock, Travis stayed for probably five more minutes laughing, signing autograghs, and doing what ever else. All this time his mother and mechanic have this panic sticken look across their face :laugh: Finally his mechanic grabs his arm, and says, Travis if we don't go now, were going to miss practice! On his way, Travis stops one last time for these four to five guys in their mid twentys, (with those crazy clown wigs on there heads), to take a picture :)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We went to an autograph signing at Bob's Cycle supply this year during the Minneapolis SX weekend. Travis walks in and see's a huge line for autographs, walks over to the podium, borrows the mic and announces "nobody worry I'll be here until the last one of you get's everything you want signed." Later oldguy approached Travis and asked him if he would mind saying a quick hello at the end of the night to Wolf's young son who got sick the day before the SX and couldn't make the trip. Travis insists they make the call right then and there and proceeds to make a young boys day. The kid is a class act and a great ambassador for our sport which unfortunately for us is one of his many interests it seems now.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Chili said:
The kid is a class act and a great ambassador for our sport which unfortunately for us is one of his many interests it seems now.

I must agree. And I don't want to start anything with all the fans of many great riders. But IMO, Travis has done more for the sport than any SX or MX champion or rider to date. With the media and the increasing popularity of the xgames. MX, SX, even GNCC is getting air time because of the huge market in extreme sports that athletes like TP have been instrumental in creating. Just my .02

Top Bottom