SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hi guys,
My club is holding our first harescrambles race on Sunday, August 21, 2005. It's located at our track on the Bombi Summit between Castlegar and Salmo, British Columbia. Our race is part of the PNWMA Off-road Series and has all the points classes plus a sportsman class for those just getting started. The course is AWESOME. It's 18km of tight singletrack linked by a few short stints on logging roads. These trails were just cut in the past 2 months and are getting better the more we ride them. Soft/Intermediate tires seem to be the trick, the Kenda Millville is a favorite among locals for the track and trails. It's also recommended to have a skid plate and barkbusters (and pipe guard for the guys on two-strokes). We have T-shirts for the first 120 entries and have trophies and prizes for the awards ceremony. Camping is available at the track; we have outhouses but no running water (there is a creek that has water that can be drank though). Here's a link to the poster which has the details: http://www.pnwma.com/posters/2005-treehugger.PDF. Our track website is www.kootenaymx.com and has directions and a map of the area. This course is definitely the best of the year on the PN ORS, so come check it out.

I won't be staying at the track Saturday night but I will be out there Saturday and Sunday and will bring plenty of water for those who forget. Come on out everyone!

Top Bottom