Check-By-Check Results
www.d14enduro.org/results/2007/ama/tree_topper/2007_tree_topper_detail.pdf

Summary Results
www.d14enduro.org/results/2007/ama/tree_topper/2007_tree_topper_summary.pdf

Web Results
http://www.moto-tally.com/d14/ama/Results.asp

Overall Standings
http://www.moto-tally.com/d14/ama/Standings.asp

A HUGE thanks to LMC (especially Yamahunt!) for taking the lead on running MotoTally at the event. Additional thanks to salgeek for his technical expertise in networking, equipment hauling, and assistance in staging the system at the event, Matt Lohone and Thomas Dunn for the use of your laptops (and Fred T who has loaned us his laptop for quite a few events this season). None of it would have been possible with the coordinated support and assistance from all involved. It was killing me not to be there to help out and ride. From everyone I've talked to it was an epic enduro! Great job LMC and all volunteers involved with laying out trail and arrowing.

:cool:

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
What are the EPts on the far right?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Emergency points from the emergency checks.

E-points are calculated as the number of seconds (+/-) from the optimal time of coming into that check based on your row number. The optimal /perfect time is 30 seconds into your minute.

If you rode on minute 32, and came into an e-check at 35:47, your points for that check would be 3 points + 197 e-points.

35 - 32 = 3
35:47 - 32:30 = 197 seconds

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Ah, thanks.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Bill - I take it worker points are not reflected yet? Kurncz and I were on "the list" this spring.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Still waiting on confirmation from the club as to who worked / earned worker points..... Should be reflected in the standings by Wednesday...

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bill - Make sure that confirmation includes a parental signature, or no work points.

Trouble Maker

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks Bill.... no pics this time around. Trouble Maker's documentation is suspect however! :p

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
A few updates to the results and point standings...

1) Worker Points added

2) Docked two riders 10% for lost scorecard

3) Adjusted incorrect scores at Check #3 for a few riders (thanks Steelman & YamaHunt!)

4) Corrected some D-14 membership statuses

Click the original links to view the updates... If you find any other errors, please let me know.

Last edited:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mike Maleport on #106 was the first rider out and his card was marked - 10 min early - so he did not miss the check and told me he did miss the reset because his odo and clock were off. He also mentioned another rider was 15 minutes early, which is not a disqualification, yet. The check crew marked his card wrong, it should have been -4. What happened after that, I don't know.

Young Ted

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I knew #106 left the start late. When #15 was the second guy into my check, I knew something was up...he was 15 minutes early at check #3, but only two minutes late at my check.
Timekeepers Rule!!!!!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The actual score cards and backup books were re-checked for the riders in question. The score card was not marked correctly for some riders, but the check #3 backup book cleared everything up. The results as posted are now correct.

You can view the score card detail online:

- Tervoort: Came in at :51, 17 minutes hot
- Maleport: Came in at :50, 16 minutes hot

http://www.moto-tally.com/d14/ama/Results.asp?EY=2007&EID=7&OCID=O3&vT=Score+Cards

- Kryzanowicz: Came in at :47, 20 minutes hot

http://www.moto-tally.com/d14/ama/Results.asp?EY=2007&EID=7&OCID=O2&vT=Score+Cards

Again, this is based on what was written in the margins of the backup book. I think the format of the backup sheet assumed that no one would be coming in any hotter than by 5 minutes.

FWIW, I've added a new section to the MotoTally "Best Practices" document to help avoid this at future events.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks Bill for the extra information.

It looks like the last check was a TIMEKEEPER for some people - a couple riders were only seconds from hitting the check hot and I would expect Leroy scrubbed time to score a 23:31.
I told Cody Mastin we had a check out there with his name on it...I am sure he thought check # 10 was the one I was talking about.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
For all events you can use the little drop down at the top to display results in summary form, check-by-check points / e-points dropped, and check-by-check actual scores.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
The backup sheet is the final rule and it clears up everything, to the point that the scores as originaly posted were correct. The three riders are disqualified for being more than 15 minutes early at a secret check. I had no way of knowing what was on the backup sheet. In trying to be of help, I made a mistake and have learned from it.

Young Ted

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Tedster - It was you who first brought up that the scores for these riders need to be reviewed a little closer... And as a result they are now 100% correct. It also served as a reminder on how to correctly mark scorecards (and perhaps revise the backup sheet format), and I've since added this to the MT documentation. And for those new to enduro timekeeping, it was a good example of what coming in hot can do!

.... Just don't make the mistake remaining silent... :cool:

Top Bottom