showa

Apr 10, 2006
I am ordering an rg3 tripple clamp set for my 01 CR250. I have to order the steering stem and lower bearing seperate. I know that stuff has to be pressed on, but is that somthing I can do myself in the garage with out a press? Also, anyone use the 20mm offset rather than the stock 24mm offset? I ride alot of woods and tight trails. I was wondering what the 20mm offset would do for me.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Offset clamps really help the '01 CR's turning, especially on flat corners. If your really crafty and have a good long clamp you can rig a press at home. DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH A HAMMER. The stem and clamp are aluminum. If your not absolutely sure you can rig it without damaging anything, take it to a repair shop ( most auto repair shop, machine shop, etc ). Those clamp sets aren't cheap. Paying someone to do it right is better than screwing up the stem or clamp.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
You pay $500 for an RG3 clamp set, why would you not spend 20 to 50 to have it installed correctly? No, you can't do it with a hammer, you need a press. Don't F$#ck up your $500 clamp trying save a few bucks.

Don't be a quad rider that pays 7k for a bike and then shows up with work boots, jeans, and tshirt because they can't afford proper gear. Your a dirtbiker, you're better than that. :cool:

showa

Apr 10, 2006
actually they are closer to 600.00 and if i thought i would **** it up, then i wouldnt try it. thanks for the smart *** reply though.

Top Bottom