Sliver

Sep 11, 2004
Out riding today I was having trouble getting my bike to consistently start. Sometimes it would fire on the first kick w/ no problems. Others I'd kick until I could barely stand and still nothing. When I couldn't get it kick started, I could bump start it w/ a friend and it would fire right up.

I don't even know what to start checking to see what the problem is. It seems like it should be something simple that is just starting to wear out, but what is it?

Any help or ideas of what to start testing would be a great help.

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
check your spark plug and clean it or buy a new one. also check your reeds for cracking and make sure they are sealing at the edges. im not trying to jump the gun but you may need new rings or a top end if those arnt the problems

Sliver

Sep 11, 2004
It's definately getting fuel b/c I could smell it and was afraid I may be about to flood it, but then we could push start it right away.

The top end is only a month old w/ about 3 rides on it.

The plug is about 6 months old, so I was planning on pulling it and checking it today. The reeds looked good when I did the top end.

The biggest thing that is confusing me is how it will start on the first kick several times and then it won't turn over at all w/ the kick starter.

What could cause a weak spark or no spark from the kickstarter?

DarkFox

Apr 4, 2005
Well, you said your plug is about 6 months old (wow!). Try replacing that first. About 2 weeks ago the same thing happened to my CR250, and my dad went out, got me a new plug while i was trying to start it, we put the new plug in, started on the first kick.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom