chattlax2

Aug 5, 2007
I got my old little kx 65 running again after having been parked for I a while, and I have out grown it but I've ridden it a few times the past couple days and want to get back into riding, although I'm not totally comfortable riding it, I believe it's because I am too big to really even stand up while riding, I think I want to get another two stroke, but I wanted to ask about the power band difference, since the 65 is smaller does the power band kick in earlier than a bigger bike because it doesn't have as much staight throttle, for lack of better words, before the powerband?... thanks, btw I am just looking to move up to an 85 because I'm still a pretty short guy..

Weingartner

Feb 6, 2008
fill this out

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

chattlax2

Aug 5, 2007
I just kind of want an answer on the powerband thing first, then I'll fill one out I after I get a couple responses so that ya'll don't overlook the ?..thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Different displacements are going to have different power characteristics. You will even see differences between the different brands.

Your best bet, is to find someone with an 85, and ride it. See if you can handle the power & hit.

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
even on an 85 when i rode one the power band was no problem so i got a little larger bike, but i cant judge for you, so do what indymx said n go testdrive one

chattlax2

Aug 5, 2007
this is getting a little off topic for this forum, but what gear should I be hitting the power band in, cause I feel like if I'm in first that I should shift to second before I ever get to the power band

chattlax2

Aug 5, 2007
I know the band is in every gear, but should I be hitting it in every gear, especially the lower ones? feels like I might be over revving it? thanks for the help kx

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You should always ride a two stroke in the powerband..

That is if you want to be fast..

an 85cc motor turns so quick, you shouldn't have any problem getting into the power in the lower gear

Top Bottom