TS250 carb vs. TM250 carb

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
I have a problem I was hoping someone could help with. I have a 1974 Suzuki TS250. The carb is shot. I'm having a problem finding a stock replacement. The TS carb is kinda odd. The manifold is part of the carb and the carb attaches directly to the cylinder. I was thinking of switching to a TM250 carb, but that carb is more conventional and apparently attaches to a rubber intake boot that bolts to the cylinder. Can anyone tell me whether, aside from the mounting system, the carbs froms a TS and a TM are the same? Will a TM intake boot fit a TS cylinder? Could I use a TM mounting boot with the TS cylinder and then just use any Mikuni carb? I don't really want to part to port the cylinder, so I don't want to upsize the carb much. Anyone else had to deal with this? Any suggestions> Does anyone know where I can find the specs for a 74 TM250 carb? My TS250 carb has a 28mm intake.

Thanks, y'all.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I had a '73 TM250 and I beleive the carb was a 34mm Mikuni. Much larger than yours. You might be able to find some good pictures on the web of a TM250 to compare to your bike.

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
That being the case, I wonder if anyone knows of a type of bike that uses a 28mm carb (or even up to 30mm would probably be fine) that has an intake boot that attaches to studs 52.5mm apart?

Mar 29, 2005
Suzuki carb

Clic on your search bar and type in vintage suzuki.then clic on the site by that name.....the guy has a lot of suzi stuff !!Good luck...Kerry

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…