smatta4u

Feb 11, 2002
I just bought a 04 ttr 125 from a kid who said he just "cleaned the carb." I had to turn the idle all the way in to get it to idle at all. It starts first kick with the choke on but it takes four or five with out it (even when warm). Is it starving for fuel at the lower end? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The carburetor is suspect and you might want to take it off, clean it properly and check that the float level is correct.

Before you do that, however, I would recommend checking the valve adjustment.

Rod

smatta4u

Feb 11, 2002
Update - I adjusted the valves (both were on the high side) and set the pilot air screw at 2 1/2 turns out. The idle needed to be turned down (back to normal range) after the change so I think we are headed in the right direction. It still starts a little hard with out the choke but it is better. Also, where the choke goes into the carb had a lot of corrosion. Should I go more or less with the air screw? Thanks.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
those playbikes are jetted SUPER lean from the factory to meet EPA standards.

You need to up the pilot jet on the bike to the next size, believe it is a 17.5 unit that you need. Open the airbox and go up a size on the main also.

Top Bottom