DBforlife

May 6, 2008
hi i have been looking at the fmf corporate graphics for my 2005 ttr 125l. but they dont have my bike listed on the site. i was wondering what you guys know about this (do they only make it for certian bikes or what?) just wondering because i really like the look of them and think that they would look sweet on my bike.

another thing is that i have also been looking at the fmf POWERCORE IV COMPLETE RACE EXHAUST. i found it for 144.00 and wondering if it's worth it.

thanks in advance
DB

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What do you mean "worth it"? If you want something that looks different than stock and is louder than stock then sure , on the other hand if you think it's going to give you anything more than that you will be mistaken.

DBforlife

May 6, 2008
thanks for your reply.

by worth it i mean i i spend the 144 dollars. will the performance be worth it? i called fmf myself (sadly they dont make the coperate graphics fro my bike :bang: ) and also they said that the exhaust is 200 plus shipping with a 5-6 horsepower gain!!! dont belive that so i thought i'd ask you guys.

hope this explains what you wanted to know.
DB

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's a 9 horsepower engine stock. No pipe on the planet will make 5-6 horsepower on that bike.

Your money would be better spent on a Powroll Thrust Chamber for your stock exhaust.

If you want to change the response of the engine further get the flywheel lightened.

.... or you could just save your money and go ride.;)

DBforlife

May 6, 2008
hope nobody takes this the wrong way but...
in other words the pipe header and muffler has no benifit to my bike? if this is true than why would they make it if the money is not worth it?

again thanks in advance
DB

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They make it and sell a lot of them because people will give them money for them. If there wasn't any money in it they wouldn't do it plain and simple. Sit back and think about a few things.

-Anybody selling anything has a vest interest in selling you a product because then they make money. Nobody that has replied to your post is trying to sell you anything.

-If the exhaust actually added 66% more power don't you think Yamaha would have made their exhaust better?

-Rich has made several TTR125 based engines that breathe fire so he's very well qualified on this specific subject.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
DBforlife said:
. . . in other words the pipe header and muffler has no benifit to my bike? if this is true than why would they make it if the money is not worth it?
because people like to buy shiny things.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
because people like to buy shiny things.
Same reason you want new graphics, doesn't make the bike any fast just look better.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You guys are overlooking one thing the FMF pipe does WAAAAAAAY better than the stocker. The FMF has a vastly superior ability to create noise.

DBforlife

May 6, 2008
Patman said:
Same reason you want new graphics, doesn't make the bike any fast just look better.

i understand that. im looking at graphics because i'm bored of the old ones. then i stumbled upon this exhaust and figured hey its not stock so it has to be better than stock....wasnt sure so that's why i'm hear asking opinions before i blow my money on something thats just loud with no power gained.

thats all
DB

DBforlife

May 6, 2008
Rich Rohrich said:
It's a 9 horsepower engine stock. No pipe on the planet will make 5-6 horsepower on that bike.

Your money would be better spent on a Powroll Thrust Chamber for your stock exhaust.

If you want to change the response of the engine further get the flywheel lightened.

.... or you could just save your money and go ride.;)

what does the thrust chamber do? how much will it help my power? where can i get one and how much.

thanks
DB

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
DBforlife said:
what does the thrust chamber do? how much will it help my power? where can i get one and how much.

thanks
DB
do people even know how to use a google or yahoo or msn search anymore? :|

the google search engine said:
Results 1 - 10 of about 9,170 for powroll. (0.12 seconds)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It increases the volume (not noise but like 1 liter vs 2 liter bottle of Coke volume) of the canister. I'll venture a guess it gives at least comprable performance increases as that pipe you were looking at.

Let me clarify something for you the "opinions" you are getting are based in way more fact and practical experience than most anyplace else.

There is nothing wrong with wanting bling for your bike just so long as you don't try to justify it with the assumption it is doing something (creating power) that it really doesn't. I too have a little mid size bike. Ours is a worked over XR80 that now has 95cc, Hot Cam, Kibblewhite valve, etc... all done by Rich's hand. Actually twice as my son bent the valves on it twice :bang: (hence the reason he then went to a CR85 and now a CR125). Anyway the point is by following good advice and reasonable thinking we have a little bike that we kept around because it was sooooo freaking good! Yes it does have an aftermarket exhaust as well but it was custom made by Bob at Thunder Alley and it actually does offer performance benifit even though it's no where near 66% LOL!. It's very similar to this one http://www.xr100.com/images/outlaw pipes/ttr outlaw pipe 1.jpg available for your bike. But here's the thing I had the exhaust made AFTER the engine mods were finalized so that it was made to work WITH the modifications. Since the one I linked for you is tunable to some extent it could work if you choose to make more extensive modifications. Look at some of the other items available on the XR100.com and Powroll sites for your bike as well. The shaved flywheel is a big performance boost for your bike and should be both easy to get done locally at a machine shop. Look at frame connectors or a "cradle" for your bike, another good item to actually improve your bike.

DBforlife

May 6, 2008
Patman said:
It increases the volume (not noise but like 1 liter vs 2 liter bottle of Coke volume) of the canister. I'll venture a guess it gives at least comprable performance increases as that pipe you were looking at.

Let me clarify something for you the "opinions" you are getting are based in way more fact and practical experience than most anyplace else.

There is nothing wrong with wanting bling for your bike just so long as you don't try to justify it with the assumption it is doing something (creating power) that it really doesn't. I too have a little mid size bike. Ours is a worked over XR80 that now has 95cc, Hot Cam, Kibblewhite valve, etc... all done by Rich's hand. Actually twice as my son bent the valves on it twice :bang: (hence the reason he then went to a CR85 and now a CR125). Anyway the point is by following good advice and reasonable thinking we have a little bike that we kept around because it was sooooo freaking good! Yes it does have an aftermarket exhaust as well but it was custom made by Bob at Thunder Alley and it actually does offer performance benifit even though it's no where near 66% LOL!. It's very similar to this one http://www.xr100.com/images/outlaw pipes/ttr outlaw pipe 1.jpg available for your bike. But here's the thing I had the exhaust made AFTER the engine mods were finalized so that it was made to work WITH the modifications. Since the one I linked for you is tunable to some extent it could work if you choose to make more extensive modifications. Look at some of the other items available on the XR100.com and Powroll sites for your bike as well. The shaved flywheel is a big performance boost for your bike and should be both easy to get done locally at a machine shop. Look at frame connectors or a "cradle" for your bike, another good item to actually improve your bike.

Thank you PATMAN. thasts the advice i was looking for all along! yes ive been doing research for almost two days now and am looking at the chamber, cradle, and make the 26mm carb i believe by Powell.

Thanks guys i really appreciate it and any more sugestions are welcome!!!
DB

Top Bottom