CaptHookLV

Dec 22, 2004
Has anyone installed Foam inner tubes. I ride primarily in Las Vegas sand/ dirt. Hard Hard Pack or soft Dune sand. I tend to get my only flats while jumping on thes hard pack dirt. Would sitching to foam help or be a bad idea. I usually get the flat from coming up short on a hefty jump. Today it was 60' double and I just did not clear it. Any ideas?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
different air pressure??

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
CaptHookLV said:
I usually run between 12 -16psi depending on where I am at. Soft sand 16psi, Hard 13psi. Is that right?
not sure........been a while since ive been on hard pack but i usually run softer in the sand

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I'm interested in trying the tire balls; anyone with experience out there?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have not tried them, as they are mucho expensive.
However, I have talked to a guy that has them and got the spiel from Wade himself on how they perform.

He claims the best thing about them (other than the obvious no flats) is that they hook up way better than any other tire. Apparently they provide a much greater traction foot than any air or mousse filled tire can. I would have to hear the pitch again to be able to go more into detail, but it sounded very logical to me when I heard it first.

I understand that the MX crowd is having a hard time biting off on them, but I think that they are put off by the fact that flats aren't a big concern on the track (usually anywho).
I think that if they do indeed priovide a better area of traction, they may well catch on.
But for now, I have to save my money. For $265 a wheel, a man has to be serious about needing them.

But then, I know guys who spend mucho on fancy spokes! :) (I won't mention any of the names of these blingsters) (grin)

paintedyellow

Dec 5, 2006
tire balls still suffer punctures and perform no better than tubes mousses in my opinion are the best. also this seems to be the opinion of the pros as almost all the ISDE competitiors used them

ur730im911

Uhhh...
Dec 4, 2006
why not just use those michelin like tube things i forget what there call but its like a already inflated type tube thing or maybe its rubber but u just install in ur tire never tryed it

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Tire Balls for sure!

Top Bottom