Turkey Bay LBL Ride Sept. 11

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I thought you knew about my slant eyes. ohhh my bad you were talking about my bike. It came set up and ready to ride. Ill be on a two stroke until they are non existant. 4 strokes seem to bring the fun factor down a few notches. :nener: :moon: :aj:
I wish I could make the ride. I have a number of things going on that weekend. The class reunion knocks them all out though. If I can get some reliable commitment to Reno, I wont make DW. If I cant DW here I come.
Will you make LL?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
RAHRAH said:
Will you make LL?

Yeah, but it may only be for Saturday. I'll be out of vacation time after DW. Actually I'll be out BEFORE DW, but....

If you don't go to DW, where are Mike and Patrick going to sleep?

You know tomorrow is the deadline for signing up for DW, don't you?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000

Rick, you gonna make it?

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Corey, I was toying with it pretty heavy at the begining of the week, but i don't think I will make it. i gotta move my box home that weekend.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I may be out now too I wont know for sure till closer to Friday. I may have to work on Friday afternoon now.............

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I was finally able to finagle the schedule at work. :yeehaw: I'm in. What time will you guys hit the trail Saturday?

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
It looks like we are leaving on Friday morning. Give me or MikeB a call closer to Friday for more info.

PG

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Looks like we'll get to see what you guys are made of...

Turkey Bay was very dry and ROUGH this past Monday. This weekend will be just as dry or worse. It's completely different riding here when it's dry as opposed to having "some" moisture in the ground. Kind of like riding on marbles with some sections of rip rap. I was going to mount my new tires for this ride, but I'm not going to ruin a new set of tires. It would be great if we got some rain between now and then, but the forecast is 0% chance.

Hope you guys are ready. :ride:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I will be leaving Friday afternoon - should get there later Friday evening.

Really looking forward to getting some riding in ... and of course bs'ing with you guys too.

Corey - guess i'll be breaking in a set of new tires as i put a set on last time i road up in Michigan.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
You guys know that the LBL dual sport ride is this weekend too? The ride is held outside of the ORV area, but there will be bikes everywhere down there this weekend. The dual sport ride obviously requires street legal bikes and attendence is limited to 250 riders. It usually sells out before the ride.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I doubt we see any of those guys out on our trail. They might break a nail, I mean mirror. :laugh:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yeah, we knew about it. If I ever get my bike licensed, I'm doing that dual sport ride. We talked to the guy that puts it on about a month ago and it sounds like a blast. They actually get to ride on the mountain bike trails! Nice dirt single track!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Doesn't look like I am going to make it, Aimee is leaving town today and I really can't be gone right now. I'm going to ride St. Joe Friday and Saturday I guess. Have fun guys.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
MrLuckey said:
Doesn't look like I am going to make it, Aimee is leaving town today and I really can't be gone right now. I'm going to ride St. Joe Friday and Saturday I guess. Have fun guys.

Do WHAT!? You're coming down here to ride! Don't make me haul your butt down here in a head lock! Get the neighbors to watch the dogs and come ride! Sheesh, no DW, no LL's, and now no LBL!? Man can't survive on bread alone!!
If you can ride St. Joe, you can ride LBL. It's 2.5 hours from your house to mine! No excuses man!!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
UMMM hate to be a party pooper but me and Paddywhack are gonna make a road trip up to St Joe and ride with Eddie. Sorry fella's ... :( but we will get to ride with most of yall in a few weeks at DirtWeek anyway :cool:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
You gotta be kidding me! I've been thinking of heading to St. Joe again, but I don't want to leave Colemanapp and the rest of the guys hanging....

I'm telling ya Mike.....you and Paddy are worse than a bunch of women! :bang:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Well at least one of us just might be a woman :yikes:

Aimee's outta town and Eddie promised to have at least 3 hookers for every man that showed up at his place. :yeehaw: Kinda hard to pass that up ... :rotfl:

No really we aint gonna get to ride with Eddie at DW so we decided to go up there, plus I aint nevuh rode St Joe ... Let Brent guide Colemanapp and the boys and come on up.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I think Brent has a GNCC race this weekend. I'm thinking about it...

How many of you guys will be upset if myself and my Dad head up to St. Joe?

Jim...you've got the longest drive... I don't want to ruin anyone's ride, but I'd really like to ride with Eddie before the year is up.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
We have about 9 of us coming down and most plan on leaving friday around 11. We would certainly have liked to ride and bs with you guys but we won't be disappointed and I'm sure we'd find our way around. If we don't see you this weekend, all riders will eventually cross paths somewhere. St Joe is nice, too. Too bad we couldn't be in town to show you some of our other riding areas besides St. Joe. So long as we're all riding this weekend, we're gonna have FUN. Gotta keep packing.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
O.K., so who IS going to LBL. I'm driving up Saturday morning and all the ones I know aren't going now. Who's riding and where and when can I meet up with you guys.
Corey, we'll miss you guys. Hope you guys have a great ride as I'm sure we will. Maybe we'll get together before too long.

Brad

Last edited:

mdj930

Oct 25, 2003
I'm with the colemanapp group, none of us has been to lbl before so don't know the best camping spots. we'll be camping in a airstream so we shouldn't be hard to find.we'll be to lbl friday night.
Mike

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I'll get there about 8.00am. I'll be pulling a red trailer that says "Kawasaki Off-Road Racing". I'll find you guys. The best camp spot is on the right. There's a big area behind the port-o-potties. Keep going towards the back until you find the shade. I'll see ya there.
Brad

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Corey - are you out for sure too??

My plans were to head down Friday evening...they still are as i have a friend from Nashville meeting me at LBL. ... but then again i've never riden at St. joes either.

Mike, Eddie and Paddy - i'll miss ya guys. Corey too if he's out for LBL. Hope you guys have a fun and safe riding weekend.

Brad - i'll look for your red trailer saturday morning. I'll have my dark blue F-150 pulling a 3-rail trailer loaded with a KDX and a RM250.

My mobile number is (937) 638-0585 if you want to give me a call.

JimK

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I may give you a call, but cell phones aren't worth much once I get north of I-40. If not, I'll just see ya there around 8.30 Sat. morning.
Brad

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…