TWMC's 6th annual High Desert Enduro - 5/4

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Enduro is on the 4th at 9 AM .. they are also having a GPS navigation competition on Saturday in the morning and will be showing the supercross on an outdoor projector at night.

May 3rd & 4th

TWMC Outing - 6th annual High Desert Enduro, Teagle Wash (near Red Mountain). Tim Stoner, Dean Bishop and company.

Directions:

Take I-15 north to HWY 395 (16 miles). Take HWY 395 north about 69 miles. Turn right on Trona Road, follow Trona Road (11 miles). Look for TWMC arrows pointing to your right. Follow TWMC arrows to camp (about 2 miles).

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
What kind of event will this be? Typical family enduro of 50-60 miles, moderate terrain, etc? Any similarity to our D-36 family enduros? I think I met one of your club members at the Wild Piglet this Spring.

Membership requirements? Classes?

We're looking for a place to ride since the D-36 enduro was postponed. Randsburg is a long trek, but if the event is good enough we might give it a try.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
This is not a district race, it's a club event. Depending on your class you'll ride anywhere between 35 to 60 miles. AMA rules are used. You can ride Novice X, Novice, Amateur, Super Senior, Expert or Master. There are also events for the kids and a powder puff class as well. Some of the events are family-type timekeepers and some are unbelievwably nasty rock races ... you never can tell what you'll get from month to month !

I may have met you at the Boar ... by all means come on out ! Our club puts on these events 9 months out of the year every year. It's great fun.

No membership required ... we'd be more than happy to have you as a guest.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Over the last three years I was able to ride every enduro/location put on by TWMC except the actual Running Cactus event, where we either worked a check or couldn't make it the following year.

This weekend's is laid out by what I believe are the best and most thorough trail bosses in the club, Tim S. and Dean B. (although the rest are right up there); mix that with what could very well be the most outrageously scenic part of the Mojave desert, and you have the making of a classic.

I understand the BLM has allowed the use of the hills this year - way fun, going up and down, over and over, and the views one gets of the wide and expansive Trona Pinnacles area (just west of Death Valley) are second to none. It's not far from a major desert city with all services, Ridgecrest.

This is one of those "must do's", especially in light of the fact summer hasn't gotten started yet. I understand a storm front is coming thru Calif. just in time. If you haven't ridden in the desert after a rain, you are missing out on something if the cloud-juice does in fact fall.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
We spent 3 days riding near California City last month - fantastic conditions.

This sounds like fun. My son and I may give it a try, we will know by tomorrow afternoon.

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
This sounds like such a great time for the family. Missed this one can someone give a bit of info. on the club. Anymore events this season? We are a family of five riders, looking for something the family can do together. My daughter is 12 and she is a great little desert rider. Looking for a place she can maybe do some racing. Any info. would be great. Thanks, Laurie

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Hi Laurie.

TWMC has a club event each month except for July and August (too hot), and October, which is when the club hosts a full-on District 37 enduro, the Ghost Rider. The club has been around since the 60's.

The monthly events typically consist of short races on Saturday for the little ones and a longer race on Sunday for the older folks. There are many class levels and the race distances for each class are geared accordingly. We also often have other activities for the kids on Saturday ie: Easter Egg Hunt, arts & crafts, etc.

I love this club. The adult races vary from easy family-style courses to very gnarly rock races. The next event is the weekend of June 14th / 15th. Come on out ... you're more than welcome as a guest ... this way you can get a feel for it. Check out the link below for more info.

http://pw1.netcom.com/~sorudne/twmc.html

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Hey Mr. Eel Thanks for the info. Sounds so perfect for us. How are the temperatures out there in June? We have never been up to Red rock to ride. We have been wanting to check it out. I would love to bring the gang out but I don't want to cook my children out there! We have a toy hauler we travel in so we do come with some protection. I am so excited about this. I hope we can make it out. Do we need to be a member? Can my 50 riders race also? Anyways, Thanks again,. I'll see what I can find out on the web site. Laurie

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I don't think the temps will bethat bad this year ... however, anything's possible. 2 years ago it was 105 during the June race ! I think your 50cc riders could probably ride on Saturday during one of the kids events. Check out the pictures ... you'll see quite a few kids at the events.

Top Bottom