Two bolts, one is the old drain, what is the other?

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
Two bolts, one is the oil drain, what is the other?

Does anyone know what the bolt on the right is covering?!

I am having issues with my transmission slipping in 3rd. While running through the gears. I shift into third accelerating towards 4th. It engages just fine but every once in a while I hear the engine rev and feel a complete lose in power.

My dad said his old triumphs had some sort of tensioner cam in this location that helped them shift. I don't think that is the case on this bike.

I took this bolt out, there is a long spring and a cylinder held in by the spring. I didn't take a picture of the cylinder...

Thanks,
Rutherford

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It is probably the neutral detent. Go to an online parts company and look at a parts microfiche. I have know idea what kind of bike you have but bike bandit covers a lot.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Why not just put it in your profile where it lists Bikes. You have the model year, no add the make and model and you won't have to remember to put it in the sig.

The chances of finding much information about an obscure pitbike on here is pretty slim.

If you have a manual for the bike, it should say in there what it is.. If you don't, you may have to go back to where you got the bike to get one.

Bike Bandit will most likely not have the info, as they don't really carry parts for the Chinese bikes.. They only carry parts for the majors.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Rutherford said:
Does anyone know what the bolt on the right is covering?!

I am having issues with my transmission slipping in 3rd. While running through the gears. I shift into third accelerating towards 4th. It engages just fine but every once in a while I hear the engine rev and feel a complete lose in power.

My dad said his old triumphs had some sort of tensioner cam in this location that helped them shift. I don't think that is the case on this bike.

I took this bolt out, there is a long spring and a cylinder held in by the spring. I didn't take a picture of the cylinder...

Thanks,
Rutherford

Have you adjusted the clutch? I'm assuming you have a manual clutch setup on that one? sounds like you are starting to lose the clutch...

not sure what that bolt covers though. depends on what motor they cloned when they built that one.

FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
The spring and cylinder you took out is the timing chain tensioner, don't put it in with the spring first like I did because the cam (timing) chain will loose its tension and could fall off. Just put it back together the way you took it out and don't mess with it. It has nothing to do with the transmission.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cam chain tensioner. Check the parts fisch for a XR70 and you'll find the same setup.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom