Two Q's, jetting and passengers...

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
First question...I have noticed that since I last cleaned my air filter, which was the first time since I bought the bike, therefore I used a different spray on product, my throttle gurgles, or blips out at 3/4, to WOT. I am riding an xr650 if that helps. Can you give me any advise? I have read stuff on websites about the jetting, but I wanted to ask here first and see if anyone knew any easy fixes before I start screwing around with my carburator settings.

My other question...Will it hurt my suspension to ride with a passenger close to my same weight on the back? I know that it would be exceding the weight limit stated in the manual, but I see other people doing it, and I just wondered. I'm not talking about going trail riding with a passenger, just up and down the gravel road, putting along at a slower speed.

Thanks for the help!

James

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
40 views and no replies....I"m not looking for a big technical answer...just any advise you might have! I'm about to start trying stuff.

James

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sounds like you over oiled the air filter. Take it out and squeezzz(not wring) out as much oil as possible. Put it back in and see if that helps. As far as riding two-up, I'd say go for it. Hope that helps.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Just squeased out the filter like you said...and...it runs perfect now!!!!!!!! Thanks so much. You see, I could have torn the thing to peices trying to figure it out, and yet it was something simple! later...

James

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom