XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Agreed on the Langston deal, Dave, but I think Ricky is getting what he dishes out. If you're gonna be aggressive, prepare for payback.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
whitesand26 I don't know why you stoop to name calling. You don't even know me.... anyway.. Like I said.. I was at the race and saw the whole thing in person, and I saw the race again on speed. That was no take out move by Brown, and even if it was, Short had it coming. He was banging and rubbing Brown for at least two turns and the front straight before he ran out of room when Brown PASSED him back. I respect Brown for his balls out approach to racing. As to RC, since Reed has been cleaning his clock regularly indoors, he has got a bit more humble, but I have seen RC look back over his shoulder while brake checking many times. Just my opinion... no need to call me a loser. (never been to a monster truck show either!)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
And if I was racing SX for the title AND to renew my contract with the manufactuer and the sponcers for the following year. I would bet the even I would take a few people down if I had to :yeehaw:

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
whitesand26 I don't know why you stoop to name calling. You don't even know me.... anyway.. Like I said.. I was at the race and saw the whole thing in person, and I saw the race again on speed. That was no take out move by Brown, and even if it was, Short had it coming. He was banging and rubbing Brown for at least two turns and the front straight before he ran out of room when Brown PASSED him back. I respect Brown for his balls out approach to racing. As to RC, since Reed has been cleaning his clock regularly indoors, he has got a bit more humble, but I have seen RC look back over his shoulder while brake checking many times. Just my opinion... no need to call me a loser. (never been to a monster truck show either!)

RC won the SX championship so I wouldn't exactly say he got his "clock cleaned"..Yes he got beat a few times but some of those times had RC coming from a very distant dead last all the way to Reeds rear wheel by the end of the race...

If you want to talk about clock cleaning then that would be an accurate description of Reed's defeat outdoors...

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
I listened to the post race interview after SLC.  Ricky criticized Timmy for trying to make contact several times.  BTW, in the interview Chad agreed with Ricky's assessment of that situation!  I think Ferry was trying to intimidate RC and it backfired.   

IMO, RC is a tough, aggressive rider. Other riders should know not to mess with him.  That's a lot different than being a dirty rider or a takeout artist.  There's a BIG contrast between RC and Eric (black flag) Sorby.

IMO, what Langston did to Bonds at Hangtown was dirty.  Langston doesn't normally ride dirty, but, to me, that was a dirty move.   IMO, Bonds was having the ride of his life and Langston wasn't in the mood for a tough battle with an 'unknown'.  Drifting over and slowing down dramatically right in front of a guy that has just landed a high speed jump is not kosher, even if you are the world champ.

Right on.....I have a tape of that race and I can't even watch that part where langston took out Bonds...That was a real dirty desperate move....That made me mad...It could of been an excellent race.

The Timmy Ferry deal was obvious team tactic to take out RC when Ferry was putting in some very dirty moves and they were pulling up on both sides...

RC was justified in protecting himself...

BUT.......Reed took RC out that race and it looked like Yamaha was desperately trying to win the championship with take out move.

REED is not exactly a clean rider....The outdoor nationals when he got beat by bubba and he stuck his leg out....I mean that's B.S.....

Reed doesn't get along with any of the other Yamaha Riders and is just a punk.

cr125boy

Jan 24, 2003
i think Short was taken out by Brown. Brown knew that if Short "somehow" fell then his teammate would win the overall and Brown would win the race, so if he took Short down then he would make Yamaha proud when its his first race on their team.

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
I usually try to look at the riders body position when entering the apex of the turn. You can clearly see Brownie leading off the right of the bike with his shoulder anticipating the impact. Then take a look at a few other passes in the same corner where other riders on the inside are focused more on laying the bike down and squaring more than the guy on the outside.

Some riders are much more talented in making it look incidental(ie. coming in faster and brake sliding in outside lines front wheel), while others just plain want to knock a guy down.

I have more respect when I get passed by some guy who comes in/out faster than me on the inside with no contact and minimal line drift. Then there is no whining and excuses cannot be made.

David.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It doesn't really matter.. Brown is done.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Reed doesn't get along with any of the other Yamaha Riders and is just a punk.

How do you know?

Top Bottom