U S Open on Speed tomorrow

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I watched the race on Speed last night and I'm so tired of Mike Brown. He needs to grow up and ride with the big boys. He flat took out that kid on the Suzuki who was clearly riding faster than Brown and had just made a nice clean pass on him. The kid could have just followed Brown around the track and would have won the overall but he had spirit and wanted to race and he got screwed. Go ahead.

OldMaiconut

Lifetime Sponsor
I was at the race and saw the whole thing. You can see it better on tv. After watching it last night, I can't see why anyone would fault Brown. Short was rubbing him for two turns and a whole straight before Brown ran a little wide off the jump and returned the favor. In my opinion thats why its called a race. If Short was faster, than it's up to him to pass Brown. Brown got plenty of booing from the crowd, but most around me were cheering him. You don't pull off for someone on the last lap. Good racing as far as I can see it...

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
I agree, if you want around someone, do it. Why should Brown make it easy for Short to pass him. Short should of past Brown and motored on so Brown couldnt return the bump pass favor.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
All I can say about it is I can't wait to see if Brownie has the Kahones to try that crap on the big boys in the 250 class because he'll get parked in a hurry.

A little bumping and rubbing is part of racing and sometimes someone ends up on the ground, but Brown is different. Seems the guy knocks someone to the ground every race. There is a line between aggressive rider and take-out artist and brown is the poster child for the latter. If there is mayhem on the track, 9 out of 10 he is involved.
But like was said earlier, mid-pack in the 250s means I dont ever have to listen to a post race "thats racing" interview with brown again.
Cy

I saw that race and Short made a CLEAN pass on Brown as he dove in with NO contact....Brown did much more than simply return the favor...He took the guy out...Brown needs to learn how to pass without hitting someone...He took out more than one person that weekend...I'm sick of Mike Brown...Supercross is NOT a contact sport....It's racing...To see who's the fastest....Anyone can go in an ram someone...Sometimes accidents happen but this has happened way too often with Mike Brown....I'm sick of the "that's racing" COP OUT comment brown keeps dishing out....That little phrase is used way too often and it's supposed to describe guys racing hard and coming together because of things beyond their control....

Supercross is a dangerous sport and we don't need MORONS like Brown eliminating a good race for the spectator by taking his competition out...

Brown needs to be punished otherwise he'll keep pulling that crap...

OldMaiconut

Lifetime Sponsor
The poster child spot is well represented by Ricky Carmichael. Brown hasn't quite qualified yet.... I guess we could just let one guy at a time on the track and run time trials... then we can "see who's fastest". Sounds boring to me.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
I'm a big Short fan we saw him grow up in the SRAC, he is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. That was far from dirty riding on Browns part he tapped Short. It was stupid racing on Shorts part not dirty racing on Browns. This is part of the reason I don't like SX a bunch of drunk fans without a clue boooing a guy for trying to win sucks. Remember Hangtown a few years ago when Brown ran over Short that was dirty. That being said Short NEEDS to punch Brown in the mouth otherwise he is going to be Browns whipping boy. I don't get why people say RC is dirty.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I don't get why people say RC is dirty.
uh, taking Roncada into the haybales at Hangtown '02?

Trouble with RC is, he likes to dish it out, but he whines like a little girl when he gets a little payback. "Boo hoo, I'm Ricky, you can't touch me or I'm gonna tell my momma. Boo hoo."

Patman

Pantless Wonder
I think there are a few guys on the pace this season so if RC's "aggressive" style starts popping up again I'm sure the payback will be there for him. I agree Brown does need to move up to play with the big boys and he can be a bit rough but if it's OK for RC to bump and rub then it should be OK for Brown. Personally I'd rather see cleaner racing, you know based on riding skill and speed instead of endless blocks and takeout's.

jsned

Subscriber
It was a takeout move plain and simple. Short had made the pass and was going faster. Brown squared the corner and aimed right for Short. Noone can defend against a stupid move like that. Thats not racing. Let that crap become the new trend and it wont be good for no one.

I remember the interviewer talking to Brown after the race and saying something to Brown like do you understand that by taking out Short you just screwed yourself out of 3rd overall and alot of money. The look on Browns face was priceless. I know people are going to say he doesnt care about that he wanted the moto win but you could tell by the look on his face he knew he messed up.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
When I saw it I was upset at what Brown did. But when they showed the replay at a different angle, I changed my mind. Brown was just trying to come back under him, and I don't think Short was expecting Brown to come back that quick. But, who knows for sure. Well I guess Brown does :) I do know one thing. If your not a Brownie fan, you wouldn't get as excited when your favorite rider tries to pass or hold off Brown when he comes around. Kinda like old #3 in Nascar