UFO rad shrouds & Factory Effex graphics, good fit???

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I tried to install new UFO rad shrouds on my '03 KDX200 this weekend only to discover that the holes aren't lining up.

The packaging indicated that these are the correct shrouds for my bike, yet they don't line up with the holes on my stock gas tank.

The Factory Effex graphics kit, also listed for a '03 KDX200, will require trimming in order to fit the shrouds (if I can make them fit my tank).

The vendor wants to charge me a 20% restocking fee to return them... :|

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it common to have to get out your drill and razor blade in order to install these things? :think:

bereal

Aug 31, 2004
FX Stickers

I put Factory effects Graphics on my 2000 KDX 220 that had the original plastic. The kit fit perfectly on my radiator plastic. Sounds like there is a problem with your after market plastic.

Eric

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
re factory effex

I purchased 2002 replica side graphics and they fit proper but the prt of the kdx part was cut off,checked with another supplier, it was the same, I was dissapointed in them and will never buy them again, live and learn, maybe they share the same building as fmf :laugh:

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
I recently put on new UFO plastic, and didn't have much problem. The shroud holes don't match quite as clean as factory, but I didn't have to cut or drill.

And I put One Industries graphics, and they fit just fine. It looked like a new bike! :-)

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Thanks guys, maybe it's just me...

The top hole on the left shroud is about 3/8" from where it should be. I don't know how to make it fit without expanding the current hole, and then the fit will be sloppy.

Oh well, let me go find my drill and Exacto knife...

Top Bottom