WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
I don't know if these are available for dirt bikes but in the snowmachine world Ultimate Flow Optomizer (UFO) makes a piece of plastic that fits under the carb slide and smooths out the air flow. Anyone know if they work?

Last edited by a moderator:

wizard69

May 3, 2001
my friend got one for his sled and he said it worked ok but he said it wasn't worth it for the small increase in preformance.
you think they would be addaptable to bikes because it's almost the same carb

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
I kind of figured a guy could use them on a bike as long the carbs were the same (mikuni round slide I believe). The product looks so simple that I'm wondering why the carb manufacturers didn't come out with it?

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
I'm not sure if it would effect the jetting. I was hoping somebody out there might have tried them out and could tell us about their experience. My knowledge is limited to the advertisement I saw in a snowmachine magazine.

I'm thinking if they work on sleds then they should work just as well on a bike, yet it is not a hop-up I ever seen or read about in the dirt bike world.

LB400

Apr 9, 2001
From my understanding, they CAN be made to work on a sled IF you spend a lot of time rejetting the low speed circuits. They tend to suck more fuel on decelleration unless you enlarge the center hole to 3/8".

Most people in the sled world swear AT them, but others who have got the jetting figured out, swear BY them! Quicker throttle response is the largest benifit. It might be something to experiment with on a dirt bike if you are good at jetting.