Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
Hey guys- I have a 89 KDX200 (my sig was revoked for some reason) and was wondering what the reccommended jetting is. Main is a 158 now, sounds rich to me. No clue what the pilot is, 3rd clip on the needle. Has a PC pipe, stock silencer, that's about it for the motor. I run around sea level, never higher than 1000ft. I was thinking 150 main/36 pilot. Sound ok? The insulator on the plug was blackish with a BR8ES plug, the threads were oily, so was all around insulater. Slapped a B9ES, I think (it was right on the bench, so I put it in.) Help! ;)

Oh yeah, it has almost NO power in low revs (power valve methinks), bogs easy when engine is cold w/o the choke on. I think that means to go up on the pilot, but I dunno what the current pilot is. Thanks alot for any help! :)

Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
Anyone else out there have an 89 or similar KDX200 with a pipe? I know how to evaluate jetting changes, but I honestly don't have time to do it. :think: The bike is apart now, I just wanna get it done for thursday mornin, goin ridin!!!
Yeah, yeah, I know I'm lazy. :silly:
thanks !:confused:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You don't know what the pilot is, but want to be told what to change it to?

Your plug is black so you drop it one on the heat range?

CDaves' site has jetting recommendations for your bike.

I'd put in the link, but I honestly don't have the time to do it.

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
try this: 48 pilot, 1173 needle in the mid clip position, air screw 1.5 to 2 turns out and a 155 main jet
I usually run opti-2 premix at 50:1
Watch the carbon build-up on the KIPS, they're bad for that

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I'd check the Kips for full operation, Team griz's jetting is a good start but a lot of earlier bikes like the 158/160 main especially in cooler weather. If your silencer takes packing I would repack before embarking on a jetting foray, and clean and oil the air filter.

have fun :)

Top Bottom